• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears in Acrobat Pro file

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I view an Acrobat file on the MAC, and zoom in. Some of the embedded text characters disapear. They print out fine.  However when sending the file as a proof. Customer had the same issue. How can I fix this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SuzS,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, some texts are disappearing when you zoom in in a PDF file on Mac machine, Is that correct?

Please check/uncheck the Show large images option under Acrobat's Preferences, navigate to Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Under Page Content and Information and see if this brings any difference.

Also, check for any pending updates at your end and user's end from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

In answer to your questions below.

1.  Yes this is happening on all our  iMAC's & PC's,  running various OS versions (Mac 10.6.8 –10.10.5), and windows systems (old to the most recent).

2.  We use Acrobat Pro in multiple MAC versions (10.1.14 – 11.0.23), and several PC versions including reader versions up to DC. All show the same thing.

3.  I already checked the " Show large images" option. It happens with it checked on (our usual setting), or off.

4.  So far it has only been one file we received from a customer as art for printing. We had the same issue with the file we sent the customer to proof. Attached is a copy of the file as indicated below.

5.  My guess is it one of the fonts the designer used, probably a 'free' font from the web. Let me know if you discover it is a font issue, so I can share with our customer.

Thanks,

Suz

Susan J. Smith

[personal info removed by Mode: Email, phone, address. Note: Don't share any personal info on Adobe forums]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the details. Is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with the Adobe Send feature. What is it? Where do I find it?

Thanks,

Suz

Please Note: My phone extension has changed to 7261.

Susan J. Smith

[Personal info removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please login using your current Adobe ID and password to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send 

upload the file, copy the link to the file, and share the link via private message only How Do I Send Private Message

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

In answer to your questions below.

Yes this is happening on all our  iMAC's & PC's,  running various OS versions (Mac 10.6.8 –10.10.5), and windows systems (old to the most recent).

We use Acrobat Pro in multiple MAC versions (10.1.14 – 11.0.23), and several PC versions including reader versions up to DC. All show the same thing.

I already checked the " Show large images" option. It happens with it checked on (our usual setting), or off.

So far it has only been one file we received from a customer as art for printing. We had the same issue with the file we sent the customer to proof. I will attempt to send you a copy of the file as soon as I figure out where the "Adobe Send Feature is located.

My guess is it one of the fonts the designer used, probably a 'free' font from the web. Let me know if you discover it is a font issue, so I can share with our customer.

Thanks,

Suz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines