• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP!!! Photoshop Brush scrolls with Vertical Pen input, Brushes with Horizontal. reinstalling, scrapping the preference file, rolling back and re-updating drivers / photoshop, Nothing helps!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the title.  I'm using a Windows 10 Gaming Laptop and a Wacom Intuos Pro 2017 Paper Edition Large, and Photoshop 2018.  Please help me, as PS is unusable to me like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, here is the official fix, without the need to edit the registry : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the brush tool with the Intuos's Pro Pen 2.  Touching the pen to the tablet and dragging in a horizontal direction brushes as intended, but if you move vertical, it grabs the image and shifts it vertically without putting a stroke down.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, for every version of Photoshop available to CC Subscribers.  I have deleted every preference file, told PS to revert to factory defaults, used old and current drivers for the tablet, and Nothing works.  I have to use a different program for the time being because PS is unusable like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Wacom driver I use an old one for I have no problem with it but I have the older Pen

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only find 6.3.28-2 on their site as well as the new one.  28-3 is the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.3.27 seems to be there

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have overlooked it.  I'll go check it, install it, and see if it works if I can locate it.  Will report back with findings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the one from wacom's Site did not work, going to try the one you posted now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice.  5 Restarts later that still appears.  One step foreward, 2 steps back it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so further experimentation has also yielded to me that the brush tool works properly if you hold right click, and not left.  resetting all tools and all preference files doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have Wacom Intuos Pro L with Windows 10 64 bit.

Please let let me know when a solution surfaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I finally resorted to taping my right click button down on my pen. It sort of worked for about 5 minutes. I recently updated Windows 10, so that might have caused the problem, maybe? If anyone does find a solution, I'd also like to know about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix.  Here's what I did:

I called support and was told to deselect the Windows Ink radio box.  I did this, and it did fix the vertical grabbing problem. BUT it also took out the tilt and pressure sensitivity.

Then I found a helpful video:

Wacom tablet responsive issue on Window 10 Fix Ultimate Tutorial

I found out that I had to create a text file in just the right location and type in the proper wording.

I have Windows 10, 64 bit.  I have a Wacom Intuos Pro Large tablet.

I hope this helps!

- bob

INK.png

location.png

text file.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pen tilt graphic isn't working, all i have to do is open the Wacom Tablet Properties and then go back to Photoshop.  Viola!  Animation back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to try this in an hour or so, when I have a break from work.

Odd Behaviour however, is that I STILL have Pen Pressure when I turn the checkbox for Windows Ink off.  the issue with the scrolling and work around of right click still behave the same no matter whether or not the box is ticked.

Bonkers behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a chance to try your suggestion.  Thanks for the input.  It fixed it, but Photoshop had to be restarted.  (Duh, considering settings were modified.)  so once that was done it works, and retains pressure.  No need to right click anymore.  THANK YOU SIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hadn't used my tablet in Photoshop for a few months, came back and it was stuck with scrolling the screen unless I clicked the button on the pen on every stroke! I can confirm the fix in the video Bob provided, worked for my Wacom Intuos 2, using the WacomTablet_6.2.0w5.exe driver.

Fix

Create a text file called  PSUserConfig.txt file in location similar to mine C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

Type the following and save the text file. Reopen Photoshop.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Windows 10 Compatible Driver for Intuos 2

http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/IBMPC/pro/WacomTablet_6.2.0w5.exe

Thanks Bob!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to find the solution to the exact same problem all morning. Thanks for your help Bob! That worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind

no longer working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,

The issue is Windows 10 update 3/22/2018—KB4089848.  The situation is bad, not hopeless; there are two (2) emergency work-arounds.  Regardless which brand of input device one uses, here is the probable answer to this question:

"Every tool acts like Move Tool, and latency: Intuos Pro"

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2469911

(Scroll to Correct Answer: Wacom Tablets vs. Windows update.  Critical Interface Issue....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do that.  Thr media I have to reinstall Windows from is pre last creators update and Having an old insider build of windows it won't let me roll back to the specified version.  So this will not fix it for me.  Unless theres some method for me to select what updates windows does after a complete reinstall, But I can't do that for a few months so I'm basically Stuck up creek without a paddle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem too and I fixed it. The problem is the latest windows10 update called KB4093112. You can delete the update from windows update history but it will try to re-install the update so u should use this too:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

Hopefully this can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I have an Ugee 1910b monitor with a pen, similar to wacom and I started experiencing the exact same problems that you all are describing. I uninstalled KB4093112 about 4 times because I have Windows 10 home and then I put my wifi on a metered setting so that it wouldn't keep re-installing that update. However, the problem with the pen scrolling up and down and only marking horizontally is back and I don't know what else the problem could be!? Does anyone know if there are any other troublesome updates besides KB4093112 and KB4089848???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Ugee tablet as well. Of course it started up when I was demonstrating the wonderful Adobe Photoshop to a classroom of MIT students! C'mon Adobe, let's get this BASIC tool working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines