• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Function Robo 6

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain Search function Robo 6- what does Robo 6 read to get into Search? Topic titles? KeyWords? Does anyone have ideas to build the perfect automatic Search function to work. Be careful with topic titles? Users want to use this more and more rather than navigate thru my system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marvin

As I understand it, Search quite simply searches through an internal index of all words in your help system. There is a list of words you may maintain that folks can't search for. This is called a "Stop" list.

In my opinion, Google has hindered us as help developers because users simply want to begin at Search. To me, nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) beats a well constructed index. So much so, that in my days of yore, I didn't offer a search capability. Users THOUGHT I did, but what they got was a well designed index. They clicked a button labeled Search to get there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how I would develop this STOP list and how you did your search rather than index...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/ Click File > Project Settings.
2/ Click on the Advancedbutton.
3/ Click on the Stop List tab.
4/ Add, edit or delete entries as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So presently I have search function and if I use your method it will take away the other words in Search and replace with only words I put in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Marvin

The stop list simply allows you to control the words you don't want showing up. These are often referred to as "noise" words. A, and, this, that, or, words such as that.

The stop list basically causes a search to ignore the words on the list.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp