• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing suspected duplicates

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm trying to import the rest of my photos off my camera. There is 864 images in total. I was able to upload some, I thought I was finished but remember a few certain photos that I didn't see after upload. I reinserted the card, and I see the photos but they are greyed out, and the option to upload is not there. I tried checking the import suspected duplicate box, and it didn't work. I looked up the file name in finder of one of the photos as they are showing as duplicates. A photo I uploaded last summer shows up under that same file name.

How do I import these photos? I don't want to go in and hand change the file name for 800+ photos! Is there another way? This is so annoying!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you 100% sure that you didn't import these photos previously? If so, why do you think that? Sometimes people import some photos and then somehow don't remember this. Searching in Lightroom (not in Finder or Windows Explorer) is the only way to know if the photos have really truly been imported. Please follow all 4 of these steps (not one or two or three of these steps, but ALL FOUR)

1. Click on All Photographs
  2. Turn off Filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Use the FIlter Bar to find one of these photos by file name

Do you find the photo in Lightroom this way?

There are occasional reports of a bug where the user resets the camera for each photo shoot to begin with photo number 0001, and after many photos shoots Lightroom gets confused and won't import because it thinks it is a duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I found them,

Thank you.

How is it they ended up in another place than the rest of the photos?

How do I move them to the folder with the rest?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? Something you did differently? Targeted a different import location?

How to move them: i found this quickly and it looks good enough: How to Move Image Files and Folders in Lightroom – Pretty Presets for Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ​accidentally ​imported the photos using COPY instead of add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, how do I fix it?!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How do I move them to the folder with the rest?" - How to Move Image Files and Folders in Lightroom – Pretty Presets for Lightroom   or video tutorial from Adobe: Move folders around in Lightroom |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines