• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloaded-smart-previews folders

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new PC (Windows 10).  Successfully transferred my Lightroom Classic CC data over.  Recently started noticing that my "Pictures" folder (not the "Lightroom" subfolder) keeps populating with phantom folders ("downloaded-smart-previews-#").  Seeing no content in them, I have tried deleting the folders manually in Windows but they keep coming back.  I am thinking it is a syncing issue but not sure what to do.  They are numerous so somewhat annoying when I am looking for something in the Pictures folder.  I do make edits on the Lightroom mobile app from time to time, and have synced collections, which I'm hoping can be preserved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those folders are probably because you changed Lightroom over to a new PC, and so your synched catalog has changed as well. Lightroom Classic normally downloads all the contents of the cloud into a newly synched catalog, but it probably understands that the smart previews in the cloud are actually the same as the originals it already has in the catalog, so in the end nothing gets downloaded (but the download folders are already created).

The only solution is probably to stop synching, delete all the smart previews in the cloud (via Lightroom CC or the web interface), and then start a fresh sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete the Smart Previews in the cloud only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issues. Except the download smart previews are not empty they are filled taking up TONS of space. No way to stop it!!!! Or I can't sync my new catalog to Mobile App!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines