• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing brush size problem with touch-ring rotation on wacom Intuos pro

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry  I know the problem isn't strictly related to the CS, but at Wacom doesn't have an answer for this problem and they said the driver are made in collaboration with Adobe...

Anyone know how to set the touch ring in order to reduce the brushes with Photoshop for example?

The Intuos pro is brand new with the latest driver, but I also tried the previous one.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Did you try changing those shortcuts to [ and ] .

I am not a Mac user but those are given as the default Mac shortcuts for brush size here :

Default keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop

You can check which  shortcuts are in use for brush size on your system by going to Photoshop - Keyboard Shortcuts   then choose "tools" and scroll down till you see brush size . Then enter those shortcuts in the Wacom dialogue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It works here.

I use the Wacom driver 6.3.17-3  with Intuos Pro (medium) on Windows 10 version 1703 with Photoshop CC2017.1.1

I have the WACOM properties set as below :

The keystroke for brush size is set in the Wacom as (just click on the Keystroke button circled in the dialogue above) :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on mine.

Below there are my settings. I work with mac OS 10.12.5  Photoshop cc 2015.5 and the driver is 6.3.23-3

Schermata 2017-07-12 alle 16.30.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try changing those shortcuts to [ and ] .

I am not a Mac user but those are given as the default Mac shortcuts for brush size here :

Default keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop

You can check which  shortcuts are in use for brush size on your system by going to Photoshop - Keyboard Shortcuts   then choose "tools" and scroll down till you see brush size . Then enter those shortcuts in the Wacom dialogue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Dave! Thank you. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a windows 10 cc2018- can only use a single character for tool shortcuts - it´s impossible to input those characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I'm on Windows 10 and those are still the defaults in CC2018. Those characters are single characters on a standard UK/US keyboard

You can change them but you may need release another shortcut to free up the key

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but already did, still i can only input single key stroke characters like k or , i can't input []{}

Enviada do Yahoo Mail para iPhone

No dia sexta-feira, outubro 27, 2017, 17:24, davescm <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escreveu:

Reducing brush size problem with touch-ring rotation on wacom Intuos pro

created by davescm in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

Hi

I'm on Windows 10 and those are still the defaults in CC2018. Those characters are single characters on a standard UK/US keyboard

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-9925611-1335102/pastedImage_0.png

You can change them but you may need release another shortcut to free up the key

Dave

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9925611#9925611 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9925611#9925611

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not using UK/US keyboard, i am in Portugal!

And its still toggling between duplicate layer and eyedropper tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am based in Switzerland and therefore use a Suise French keyboard, like others I could not get my Wacom Intuos Pro M to change the brush size using the touch ring, the solution that works for me was to tell Windows (10) that my keyboard was English, the brush size adjustment using the touch ring is now working.  I have the keyboard configurator on my Windows tool bar and swap to the English keyboard when I use Adobe products.  Hope it helps someone!

Mark,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't working with my German keyboard. The problem might be that [ ] are reachable only with the <alt> key.

So I first changed in Photoshop the shortcuts to ö and ä and then used them in Wacom preferences as well.

Voila, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing that the last post is rather current (Feb 2018), I figured I might share my own take on this issue.

I was having the same problems as some of you (brush size with touch ring not working), including the keyboard language difficulties (Swiss vs. UK/US keyboards).

The "[" and "]" keys are by default not accessible on some foreign keyboards without using the alt or other keys in addition. Changing the shortcuts in PS does resolve the issue theoretically. In my case, I then noticed that Wacom did use the "All other" settings instead of the PS CC 2018 settings I maintained. For me, the problem got resolved when I changed the Touch Ring settings to other keys in the "All Other" settings. I am only speculating but I had recently updated to CC 2018. This could be one reason why "All Other" overrules the PS settings for the Wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

--- FIX --- For all of us who haven't an US keyboard:
simple copy the "[" or "]" key, go to the text field imput on wacom panel to set the key, press right mouse button and select "paste".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines