• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Standard DC "Attach to Email" function does nothing when Outlook 2016 is set as default mail client. Help!

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New installation of Adobe Standard DC and Office 2016.  When I use the Attach to Email function, Adobe does nothing.  Outlook 2016 is set as the default mail client in Windows 10 64bit and in Adobe.  If I set up my email (Google Suite) with the imap settings for my Google Apps for Business email, then Adobe will create a draft in my email after a minute or so.  While this works, it is much slower than to use the Attach to Email function. 

Followed instructions here, but the issue is still present (not using Exchange email, not sure if this will be an issue for this feature or not).

Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe and Office have been reinstalled, and updated, and issue still persists.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karolinat,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Repair Acrobat using "repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

2- If that doesn't work, try disabling protected view in Acrobat by launching Acrobat>click on Edit menu>select Preferences>click Security (Enhanced)>click Protected View>and then click Off>OK. and try again.

Note: Disabling protected mode is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Also try the troubleshooting steps given in this thread at post # 26 : Attach to email broken

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines