• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendation for font management and Adobe XD

Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some obvious difficulties with fonts in Adobe XD for users having various font management programs, e.g.:

(Almost) only system fonts available on Windows

Issues with Adobe XD and Suitcase Fusion 7

I personally has Suitcase Fusion on Win 10 and can not see in XD any installed fonts besides system fonts (and several others). I guess maybe Adobe XD is able to understand ony font in 'Windows/Fonts' folder but I can not be certain about it.

Can anybody please give any concrete recommendations about font management settings for Adobe XD to correctly showing all the installed fonts? Or maybe info about certain programs Adobe XD correctly working with - and settings of these programs to XD working correctly?

Thanks on advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

It’s actually a problem with Windows 10, unfortunately. Some people have been successful with Suitcase and other font managers by uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts. (And maybe add a reboot to be sure.) Does that happen to work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey alexschneiderru,

Assuming you have tried following the steps mentioned in this thread - Issues with Adobe XD and Suitcase Fusion 7 my next suggestion would be getting a live support.

Please contact our technical helpdesk - Contact Customer Care and get this issue escalated.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your fonts in Suitcase Fusion work in TextPad? This is something we’ve seen as system-wide for UWP applications, specifically to those that had font managers on Windows 8 and below, then upgraded to Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about this problem, I have the latest version of Suitcase 8 and had no problem on upgrade to Win10 version 1803.

And yes my fonts works everythere besides Adobe XD.

Example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that Illustrator is not a UWP application. Can you check on Text Edit or some other native Windows 10 application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right - there is no TT Norms in Windows fonts list https://c2n.me/3TV4b3y.png

So is it Suitcase problem? Or Win10 problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there are some fonts in Windows-native apps https://c2n.me/3TV4hDn.png  (it is WordPad) whose there is not in Adobe XD https://c2n.me/3TV4orj.png ...

I am totally lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s actually a problem with Windows 10, unfortunately. Some people have been successful with Suitcase and other font managers by uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts. (And maybe add a reboot to be sure.) Does that happen to work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed, I delete all the installed fonts, deinstalled and installed again Suitcase and restored the fonts back from the archive. Now the fonts are functioning correctly. Thanks Elainecc and the shame to Microsoft for constant complication of our life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear that it worked for you!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines