• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is wrong with my puppet ?

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I created a puppet according to laws I learn in order to make it behave in a "natural" matter.

everything worked fine until I tried to make it walk.

Can u plz tell me what I did wrong here ? why is my puppet gets completely distorted when walking ?

turtle puppet.puppet - Google Drive

Waiting anxiously for aid

Omer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the forums are not always that fast. If no-one else solves it first, I will try and have a look when I get home from work tonight, probably after kids are in bed.

Question - do you mind if I try and create a video of my debugging session and share it publicly? Just trying it as an experiment to see if such videos would be useful to anyone else. I am not an expert (more ”intermediate”), just willing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is usually a matter of handles or pins in the wrong spot. The walk action takes over things - so if you have some pins they will cause distortions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following:

• Make the root puppet independent ("Turtle") - I don't know if it matters, but I did this.
  • Delete the "photo" (a sibling to Turtle) - it causing the mesh to go strange, even though its hidden. This causes distortion of the body.
  • On the left leg, delete the left toe and move the heel to the middle of the foot (or swap the toe and heel positions)

It works much better after that. The left foot was going weird because the toe was behind the heel (for the direction it was walking).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! making the puppet independent completely changed for better the distortion.

Although it looks much better, the legs still gets distorted a bit when walking. Is there a way to fix that ?

Also:

- Is there a way, when im moving my head, to make his head and neck move, YET, his body (that should be hard as a shell) would not move ?I pinned his legs so when Im moving my head it moves with me. yet, the body and shell looks like make of jelly when doing so.

- In all of my characters, when Im walking, the legs go a very long distance forward, instead of just walking normaly. Is there a way to make the steps smaller ? distance wise

TY !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dont mind ! As long as I grt to fix this, it sounds like a win win

!

בתאריך יום ג׳, 1 במאי 2018, 02:55, מאת alank99101739 ‏<

forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

What is wrong with my puppet ? created by alank99101739

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/alank99101739> in Character Animator - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10353325#10353325>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try removing the toe handles from the feet? They were distorting the left foot a lot.

to make the body less flexible, try putting some sticks on the body where you don’t want flex. Could try a square or cross - might need to try a few things to get it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating a video, but using OBS Studio (free) I am finding the video starts speeding up unexpected at random, so lost the end of the video. Hopefully enough there to be useful.

I love (debugging) Turtles - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ! this was rly useful !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

making use of the knowledge regarding this puppet:

Something weird happened. When Im walking, My character no longer is moving his hands, can u think of a reason why ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version I had was moving the hands fine. I would check the handles on the hands and tags. The walk behavior looks for “Left Wrist” etc when moving hands. Did they get lost along the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, they are all there. I dont think nothing was changed to be honest. I mean, something is wrong but it all looks normal to me.
turtle2.puppet - Google Drive

All of my other characters are walking fine o0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that took me a long time to spot too! You don't have "Neck" tagged. It must be the arms only work if there is a neck they are relative to. The "Neck" layer did not allow me to add a "Neck" handle, so I threw one on the body and it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying a lower overhead way to create a quick video - I (still) Love Turltes (2) - YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, ty for the vid !
Thats really weird but your turtle walks much better than mine.

My I ask the puppet to import on my side ? for some reason, when ur turtle walks the legs look really good and mine looks funny.

Omer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will try soonish (at conference). But I did not use toes. Try deleting your toes and see if you like that...

Your puppet has a lot more tags on the foot which I deleted.

I don't think there is a "right" and "wrong", more of "try a few and see what you like the most".

There is also a number of properties in the walk behavior (such as stride length) that you can experiment with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines