• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9.5 keeps crashing

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to print a new PDF, Acrobat crashes and tells me "something went wrong" and then closes. I thought maybe an update would help but I get "Cannot establish a connection. Try again later. Error: 140000"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? If it's Windows 10, then the OS was never tested with your version of Acrobat (unless Adobe had a time machine). That combination of application and operating system is not supported, and problems would not be unexpected. I would try to run Acrobat in "compatibility mode".

You can download the updates manually, see here for information: Where are my Adobe Acrobat 9 Updates??? - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7, SP1. It's been working without problems for years and just stopped today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Donjanz,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat 9 is crashing on your Windows 7 machine, Is that correct?

As Karl mentioned, please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer and try the steps from the following Adobe article Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

If the issue persists, please uninstall Acrobat 9 and reinstall it.

Note: Acrobat 9 is already declared as an end of life and support product, so the above suggestions may or may not work. End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). For detailed information, please refer to End of support | Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 (and earlier)

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines