• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not opening in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom CC (newest update) is having a hard time with presets. I click on the presets button where you would go to add them and it doesn't load any other screens or do anything more when selected. Any one know another way around this to add in presets or am I doing something wrong to add them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of what you see when you've pressed the Presets button please? Develop presets ARE supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.05.39 PM.pngThis is what it looks like for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you're double clicking on the preset, which won't work.

In Lightroom, click the Presets button in the bottom right corner, then the + button at the top to show the presets folder, then drag your presets into that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... Nothing happens when I click on the Presets button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It stopped working after the last update was applied. Selecting the preset applies it to the preview image in the navigator window but doesn't change anything on the main image.

This is really annoying and its really putting me off lightroom as it is a major disruption to my normal workflow. If this is not fixed then I will be migrating over to capture one. Haven't had a good reason to leave lightroom till now.

Adobe - please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moshaw, it sounds like you might be talking about Lightroom Classic rather than Lightroom CC (the cloud-based one).

There have been some reports of presets not applying, and all the ones I've tracked have been perpetual license users who have somehow managed to install Lightroom Classic, but it's not working properly because they don't have a subscription. Do you have an active subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

No I don't have a sbuscription. I HAD lightroom 6 (version 6.14) on a perpetual licence but Adobe's own Creative Cloud updated it to version 7 earlier this year which I thought was odd because as far as I can gather, Lightroom 6.14 was the last of the update for the classic desktop version.

This behaviour and the issues I had with downloading and initially installing Lightroom 6 (after purchasing a licence) (upgrade from older version) gives me the impression that Adobe is aggressively pushing user's towards the cloud subscription. I have been a loyal Lightroom user from the early days but this approach is turning me off Adobe products all together. My suggestion to Adobe would to please entice me towards the subscription and not force it on me.

To further explain my frustration, when Creative Cloud updated my copy of Lightroom 6 to lightroom 7, I remember my catalogs were also updated. I have since uninstalled Lightroom 7 (along with Creative Cloud which I believe is what caused the issue to begin with) and reinstalled Lightroom 6. Everything is working again but the problem I'm faced with now is that my catalogs (now in the updated format) cannot be used with the older version of Lightroom. Aaargh.

Without my large Catalogs to keep me married to Lightroom I'm now exploring alternatives. Sorry if this comes across as a rant but hopefully you can understand my frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moshaw  wrote

No I don't have a sbuscription. I HAD lightroom 6 (version 6.14) on a perpetual licence but Adobe's own Creative Cloud updated it to version 7 earlier this year which I thought was odd because as far as I can gather, Lightroom 6.14 was the last of the update for the classic desktop version.

That does explain the problem you're seeing. CC doesn't automatically update software, but when Classic first came out, there was a bug that meant it wasn't entirely clear that it was a trial upgrade, not a licensed one. Unfortunately I don't have a good solution for you. With Classic installed, you could write most of the metadata out to xmp and then read that information into a clean LR6 catalog (or your last LR6 backup) but that would be missing some metadata such as collection membership, virtual copies and flags. The alternative would be a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active CC subscription, purchased presets for Lightroom - also same issue, would not load, and none of the options were available. Just downloaded the desktop version of Lightroom and everything loaded and converted my files. Frustrating that I won't be able to access via the CC version - definitely changes my ability to be efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the makers of the presets need to update something...did you check with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried loading my presets yet, I will do so and then let you know if mine work. Hang on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

laurab86092608  wrote

I have an active CC subscription, purchased presets for Lightroom - also same issue, would not load, and none of the options were available. Just downloaded the desktop version of Lightroom and everything loaded and converted my files. Frustrating that I won't be able to access via the CC version - definitely changes my ability to be efficient.

That does sound frustrating, and they should work. What format were those presets?

When you say you downloaded the desktop version of Lightroom, was that Lightroom Classic? If that converted them ok, you could try loading those converted ones into CC, instead of the ones you downloaded. Just right-click on one in Classic so it shows you where to find them.

Beyond that, I'm sure Adobe would like to figure out why CC desktop couldn't import the initial downloads, so report it at the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/new/add_details?topic%5B. They might need access to one of the problem presets to be able to figure out what's up too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines