Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo everybody

A message tells me that the automatic upgrade of desktop Creative Cloud (4.5.0.331) failed (it stopped when it was only 2%).

Error code: 1001

Could it be that my OS X is too old? (10.9.5)

Thanks a lot!

Pablita

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Ivor, thank you for the update.

For everyone currently affected by Error 1001, while installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, on macOS 10.11.6, please see "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for an updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app that will address this error.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or face additional errors when applying the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minimum System requirements for Cloud Programs... scroll down and check each program

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John

I saw that page and that's the reason why I thought that the old version could be the problem.

I decided to ask here because on that page they don't specify the version of Creative Cloud desktop app. Well, I suppose they refere to the latest one, because until yesterday I didn't have problems.

The problem is only with the desktop app.

Everything's ok with other apps I use (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) because I use version 2015.

Sorry if my question was naif, I'm not very experienced in installing, upgrading an so on...

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAving the same sort of problem: upgrade failed at 2% with a 1001 error. Redownloaded the upgrade and it failed again. Followed the troubleshooting guide which said to uninstall the CC app. I did and then tried reinstall. That failed also. I get a quick flash of a logo box after I type in my system password (too fast to read) and then it never installs although the com.adobe process stays in the process list.

Tried killing the process, going back to the troubleshooting steps, downloading the uninstaller again and running it. Now it runs but says it completed with errors. Redownloaded the CC app installer and it still fails in the same way.

I'm running 10.11.6 on a 21 inch mid-2007 iMac with 4 GB of main memory. Worked fine before last nights "update" to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your contribution

I see you're running 10.11.6, so your problem cannot be that it is too old, since the page of "help adobe" says that minimum system required is 10.11

I'm running 10.9.5 on a 24 inch 2007 iMac, 4 GB main memory.

I hope you'll find a solution... Maybe someone here can help

My technician friend is coming in ten days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have talked to three support representatives. 2 days later no matter what they did I still get the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CC and used the Cleaner Tool and uninstalled Application Manager and reinstalled it. Nothing has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue all started with latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similarly to AugustFalcon: "upgrade failed at 2% with a 1001 error. Re-downloaded the upgrade and it failed again. Followed the troubleshooting guide which said to uninstall the CC app…" I discovered the failure yesterday, April 30th. Today, I started up from an external drive with a clone of the startup, and a repeat of the problem happened.

Ivor

iMad 24-inch 2007 maxed out at 4 gb of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are still encountering Error 1001 in addition to the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app then I would also recommend rebooting the computer.

Error 1001 occurs because the installer is facing a permission failure.  Rebooting the computer should resolve the error. If not then please complete solution three in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app which discusses installing in a freshly created local administrator account.  The new account should have the correct permission to then install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application update.

For additional information regarding Error 1001 see Troubleshoot Creative Cloud apps installation and uninstallation errors .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff, for your help. I'll have to go to the 3rd option re: setting up another account to install Creative Cloud desktop app. The previous steps didn't work for me.

2007 iMac 24" with 4 gb of ram. El Capitan 10.11.x (i.e., the last El Capitan update).

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivor.

Does your computer allow El Capitan OS natively or do you use a kind of Pike R Alpha version for your iMac beyond capabilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the native version of El Capitan.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ivor.

Does your OS includes security update 2018-002 El capitan? Or less?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure. I think that the last update a week ago was for Safari on the 2007 iMac. The security update for another iMac using High Sierra was done.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff.

I also tried to create a new admin account, although I already had set up a full OSX installation from the scratch. Nothing change, nothing work, install the new version of Creative Cloud Desktop fail (flash window before disappearing, and the old one need to update and fail at 2%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeff, I have tried every single option that there is on the site, and none of them work, ended up wiping hard drive and reinstalling from time machine, have all the apps working except for the desktop app, which will still not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you all for the updates.  I am sorry that you continue to encounter Error 1001 when updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Please bookmark Download Creative Cloud desktop app as it will be updated soon with a new version of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ianstewart1960, when you went through the process of wiping the hard drive did you only restore the documents and settings on the computer or did you also transfer the applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I transferred the applications too, as once you have uninstalled them you can't get them back through the desktop app.

Hopefully the update that is coming later in the week will resolve the issue, even though I have the applications such as indesign photoshop etc working, if there are any updates to them I will not be able to update them until the desktop app is sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Ianstewart1960.  In general, I recommend only moving documents and settings if you are restoring from a backup.  Restoring any installed applications can cause the same errors to occur once those applications are restored. 

Out of curiosity do you also face errors when installing applications through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?  You seemed concerned that you would be unable to reinstall through the process discussed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, it was the only option of getting the apps to work as the update to CCdesktop crashes at 2%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to Ian, since I was required to remove the applications (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) before uninstalling the Creative Cloud app, I can't download those desktop apps until I re-install Creative Cloud. Presently, I'm going to try the suggestion to use a secondary user with administration capability. As soon as I try that suggestion I'll report it here.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Creative Cloud using a different user account with administration capability, and it didn't work for me. The installer progress window disappears after showing 1 percent of the installation. I'll have to wait for an upgrade to Creative Cloud.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC desktop app for Mac has just been updated to 4.4.1.298

Edit: for whatever reason, the desktop app won’t upgrade again. Yesterday the app was working due to the update, now there’s the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They Updated to 4.5.0.331, 4.4.1.298 is no longer available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines