• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat suddenly won't display PDFs

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Acrobat Pro DC on a Mac. It's up to date, High Sierra is up to date.

Acrobat suddenly won't display PDFs. When I open Acrobat, I don't even get an error message; all I see is the bar with the filename at the top of the screen, but no PDF below it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, but no dice.

I don't know why this would affect things, but the problem started around the time I started plugging an external monitor into my MacBook. At first, PDFs wouldn't display in Acrobat only when I had the monitor plugged in, but now they won't display at all.

I use Acrobat all the time for my job, so I'm not new to the program, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

If you still experience this issue, will request you to contact the technical support  team through  Contact Customer Care so that they can schedule a remote session with the machine and can fix the issue for you.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.   I have tried numerous un-installs and installs, updates, etc.  NOTHING will display.

So, you started this thread Feb 8th and there is no reply yet?

This is a paid for a product, a reply or suggestion from somebody would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just notice if I use - Window -> Full screen Mode - the image appears, but I can't get it to display otherwise... or bring up the tools.Screenshot 2018-05-03 10.06.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Erino,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, Acrobat is not displaying any PDF file, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Please navigate to Acrobat's preferences from Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Under rendering>Select Monitor under Smooth Text, also, under Page Content and Information, please select Show large images.

Click OK, close the PDF and Acrobat, launch Acrobat and open the PDF and see if this brings any difference.

Also, uncheck the two options in Edit>Preferences>General> "Show online Storage when opening files" and "Show online Storage when saving files".

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions provided any improvements.

I updated as suggested

And you can see the other suggestions were implemented via the screenshots below

—————————-

Luke Ratto

[Personal info removed by Mod: Email, please don't share any personal info on Adobe forums or any other public forums]

————————-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still experience this issue, will request you to contact the technical support  team through  Contact Customer Care so that they can schedule a remote session with the machine and can fix the issue for you.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines