• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI crashes when linking to attached PDF

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro XI 11.0.23 on a Mac running OS 11.12.6. Each time I try to set a link to an attached PDF the program crashes. I have uninstalled and re-installed but issue continues. Any help would be most appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joell,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat 11 is crashing when linking to an attached PDF, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Try resetting the Acrobat's Preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to the steps mentioned in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? have you tried linking any other PDF file as testing?

Uninstall Acrobat once using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

let us know how it goes, and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried all those steps prior to receiving your response. Unfortunately none solved the problem which is not limited to one file.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Joell,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Is it possible to try to set a link to an attached PDF using the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC and see if this issue is reproducible? Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

As Acrobat 11 is an old software and the security updates, patches are not available and this may lead to some issues.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines