• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag image in loupe view

New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 on my Mac (macOS 10.13.4), and find that I'm unable to drag an image when I'm in the loupe view. What happens is that I click and drag, and it moves one step -- maybe 4 pixels or so -- and then that's it. It just stops.

Clicking and dragging works in all the other modes that I've tested. I can rotate and crop, I can drag with the clone/heal brush, and so on. It's just this one thing that's not working.

I am able to pan the image by using the two-finger gesture on the touchpad.

Installing previous versions (I tested 7.3, 7.0, and 6.0) did not fix the issue. I've rebooted my machine, and that also doesn't help. I've used the touchpad and two different mice.

Any ideas as to what the cause of the problem is and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what kind of dragging you would want to do in Loupe view. Or are you saying that you can't move the image by dragging when you are zoomed in to 1:1 view?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I can't move the image by dragging when viewing 1:1 (or 2:1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the cursor change into a hand when you hold it above the image?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it turns into a hand, and the hand "graps" when I click. Video here: https://youtu.be/6ST73I1fsP0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange indeed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot: more things are now accellerated by the GPU, also in the Library module. Perhaps that is the problem here. Go to Preferences - Performance and disable ‘Use Graohics Processor’. Does that help?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no effect of disabling "Use Graphics Processor", even after restarting Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out the problem. It had something to do with either my Slack app or Trello app, or possibly both. (Both of those are Electron-based applications.) I found that the problem occurred only after starting those apps, and then persisted until I rebooted. I completely uninstalled them and reinstalled, and the problem seems to be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines