• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC classic new user

New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the TKactionV6 extension in Photoshop CC. (13.1.3). The extension didn't work (IMAC High Sierra 10.13.4) until I created a New User on the IMAC. Then the extension, Photoshop, and Bridge worked fine. Unfortunately Lightroom CC under this new user doesn't know where my Lightroom Catalog is. Do I need to import all my photos again under this new user? That doesn't seem right. I'd call Adobe, but it is the weekend and of course they are not open until Monday.

Advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

If you have setup a new account, the only items that "transfer" are the Applications. Meaning that the local files for each user are stored in the relevant Documents Pictures Movies Folders etc

By default these are not accessible by other users of the iMac.

Log in to the previous account and go to the Pictures folder. Locate the Lightroom Folder and move it to the Public > Drop Box folder of the new user account. You will get a message stating that you will not be able to see the items in the Drop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point Lightroom to the correct location via File > Open Catalog? It may then re-launch with the correct Catalog open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that but the New User did not have the permissions to use the Lightroom catalogue. I had to copy everything to the new user and now everything is working.

Thanks so much,

Sarah

On Saturday, May 5, 2018, 11:32:23 AM EDT, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Lightroom CC classic new user

created by John Waller in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Can you point Lightroom to the correct location via File > Open Catalog? It may then re-launch withe the correct Catalog open.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10363708#10363708 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10363708#10363708

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know where your Lightroom catalog is, just use Finder to browse to that folder and double-click on it. Lightroom should open and use that catalog. Or, when you start Lightroom and it can't find the catalog and asks to use a different one, just browse to the folder and locate the catalog and choose it. Or, on the Mac, it would be Lightroom->Open Recent, and then choose the catalog you have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have setup a new account, the only items that "transfer" are the Applications. Meaning that the local files for each user are stored in the relevant Documents Pictures Movies Folders etc

By default these are not accessible by other users of the iMac.

Log in to the previous account and go to the Pictures folder. Locate the Lightroom Folder and move it to the Public > Drop Box folder of the new user account. You will get a message stating that you will not be able to see the items in the Drop Box folder. Once they have finished copying you can log in to the new account. Go to the Drop Box folder and move the Lightroom Folder to the Pictures Folder.

Open the catalog by double clicking it.

That takes care of the catalog and previews. With respect to the images, if they were stored locally on the iMac they will need to be moved in the same manner. If they were stored on an external drive Lightroom should not have a problem showing them.

Screenshot 2018-05-05 12.32.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines