• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to use the new "Create Collection Set from folders" feature in LR CCC 7.3.1 on a Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 7.3.1 on a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.3. I was looking forward to using the feature that allows us to create collections and collection sets from folders from within the "folders" area of Lightroom. From within LR I created a hierarchy of folders in my Pictures folder on my hard drive with the structure that I want the collection set to have. Using the process described by Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html​, I was able to create a collection set but the subfolders did not come along with the top-level folder. I tried it with images in the folders and not in the folders; neither worked. I also tried selecting all the folders and selecting "create collection set". Is this feature working for you either on a PC or Mac? Have you had this issue and been able to fix it?

Thanks very much for any help you can give me on this.

Regards,

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

I tried it and it works as expected. It does take time however, it's not something that is done instantaneously. The collection set appears right away, but the collections inside that set each take a bit of time to be created. It probably depends on how many images there are inside each subfolder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on 7.3.1 on Osx 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation, Bob!

Regards,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and it works as expected. It does take time however, it's not something that is done instantaneously. The collection set appears right away, but the collections inside that set each take a bit of time to be created. It probably depends on how many images there are inside each subfolder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEL54,

Thanks for that heads-up. In fact, it just started to work for me a minute ago. I had previously rebooted to no avail. But I was out of town today and left the computer off. I went through the process again when I returned home and the top ("collection set") folder and all of the subfolders appeared instantly. All is good now.

Thanks!

Regards,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy, Can you confirm you pay monthly for a Classic Cloud subscription?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I'm part of a corporate account with the Adobe CC plan.

Thanks.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines