• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't switch secondary display from monitor left of primary to monitor right of primary.

Contributor ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably been asked a million times, but, How does one switch the secondary display in lightroom from the monitor to the left of the primary display (the middle display on a three display system) to the monitor to the right of the middle (primary) display?  The monitors are designated in the following order from left to right......3,1,2.  This is a Windows 10 OS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First go to 'Window - Secondary Display' and disable the 'Full Screen' submenu. That changes the secondary display to a window, that you can drag anywhere you like. You can use the secondary display window on a system with only one screen this way, and you can drag it to a monitor that is on the left of the main window as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that works reasonably well.  The window won't stay there and pops back to the main (middle) display when the cursor is moved into the left screen, but it is an improvement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have more than two screens, so I can't try it, but perhaps you can lock the secondary screen on the right monitor by enabling 'full screen' again after moving the window. I've heard this won't survive a restart, but it may solve the problem that it pops back when you move the cursor to the left screen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, unfortunately, as soon as I go to full screen, it switches back over to the left monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines