Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Label Colouring ?

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for an option, if there is, to have any clip i add from the assemble bin for 150+ video clips iv taken recently, auto change label colour if i add any portion of the clip to the timeline ?

Eg: Video clips are currently "Violet" by default, if i decide to add the clip into my timeline i want the label to auto change to "Rose" so i can easily see what clips iv added and what i have not.

Is this possible ?

Thankyou

Duncan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-labelling is a good feature request.

To see clips used then you can set bin view to show ‘useage’ (although that is usage in any timeline in the project)

You can also use search bins to show unused clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so as yet there is no way.

Hopefully something like this can be added in the future, as it would make first cut assembly speedier i feel.

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Duncan, that's a tricky one,

As this function unfortunately doesn't exist, I was looking for an alternative.

I might have something interesting :

so in my Project window, I found in the column right-click menu :"Metadata Display" (quite unsure of translation, I work on french version of PrPro), and under, tick the boxes for "Video Use" and "Audio Use";

Slided it to the left, next to the footage name, so I may see quickly browsing up and left in the bins if the clip is used of not as these columns are populated.

Hope it may help !

Paulcapture_prpro.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, my selects sequence has hundreds of clips in it. It would be great if it applied different color labels if I've added a marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best work around I've found is to use the plugin excalibur which is like Video Copilot's FX Console, but for Premiere. It's pricey but you can use it to quickly label clips using text commands. So you type "Label" and then you type color and it will label your clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines