• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t apply presets

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been using Lightroom for a long time now and everything worked fine until today....

I have the problem that when i want to apply one of my own presets (or one of the default ones) Lightroom

shows the changes in the preview windows but it wont apply them. I already reinstalled Lightroom and reseted my settings.

Please help me

P.S. when i change something with the sliders on the right, everything is fine

Screenshot (3).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

But with this workraround i can use Lightroom:

go to this Webpage

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

and Press on this Title

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6

than you can download an older Version

and when you do not own the Lightroom 6 Version

and you have only a CC subscribtion you can also use and hopefully Update it later without this Bug

in the Version 7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you are one of those people who have updated a Lightroom 6 installation with the Lightroom Classic updaters. The screenshot show this: you do have 'Dehaze' in the Basic panel, but you don't have the new profiles section. And in the upper left corner it says 'Lightroom 7', not 'Lightroom Classic'. These updates should never have been possible for you, because you do not have a subscription to Lightroom Classic, you only have a perpetual license for Lightroom 6 (there is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7). Due to a bug in the updaters it was possible after all, and causes all kinds of problems.

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. The open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (Range Mask).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but actually i this is not an upgraded Version this is the normal Lightroom Classic i ve downloaded twice this dat but always the same but i found a german user having the Same issue after updating to 7.3  maybe this is the problem or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you pay a monthly subscription?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but another interesting thing i found out is that when i download Adobe Lightroom 6 (no CC) and install it on my friends PC and than inst the CC Setup it says that i have Lightroom CC 2015 installed but it is the non CC Version strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But with this workraround i can use Lightroom:

go to this Webpage

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

and Press on this Title

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6

than you can download an older Version

and when you do not own the Lightroom 6 Version

and you have only a CC subscribtion you can also use and hopefully Update it later without this Bug

in the Version 7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines