• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop changes colors from b&w in Lightroom to color in Ph

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After exporting b&w photos from the lightroom to photoshop in Ph a colorful photo opens. How can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

This is probably due to the new profiles. Is your version of Photoshop up to date? One way of fixing it would be to open the image in Photoshop as smart object. If it changes to color again, you can double click the SO to get the Camera Raw interface and change the profile back to B&W. But I would assume that with current versions of both it wouldn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably due to the new profiles. Is your version of Photoshop up to date? One way of fixing it would be to open the image in Photoshop as smart object. If it changes to color again, you can double click the SO to get the Camera Raw interface and change the profile back to B&W. But I would assume that with current versions of both it wouldn't happen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my thought too, though it depends on two questions:

• how, exactly, is the image being opened into Photoshop?
  • how, exactly, was the image made to appear as B&W in Lightroom?

If Photoshop / ACR is not successfully applying a given adjustments "recipe" and underlying profile (for whatever reason) under the instructions of LR, then one can force LR to carry out the job instead.

One can do this by setting up a new external editing preset: supplying the location of the PS program, and bit-depth / colourspace / file type options, and saving that configuration under a name. Then instead of just doing 'Edit in PS', you can select 'Edit in PS / [name of preset]'.

LR itself now performs Raw conversion and applies all the adjustments that you currently see, saves the result of that into a TIFF / a PSD file, imports that to the Catalog straight away, and only then tells PS to open that already-saved file up for further editing.

Otherwise (provided LR and PS are of compatible versions) LR supplies PS / ACR a "recipe" for the adjustments, and points it to the file on disk which those should be applied to. And if something goes wrong with executing that adjustments recipe and employing the specified-by-name camera profile etc, a wrong result is seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my B&W preset which edits, then Edit In \ Adobe photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jozefg74728001  wrote

After exporting b&w photos from the lightroom to photoshop in Ph a colorful photo opens. How can I fix it?

Are you actually Exporting the image in LR?

Try the Edit In option to Send the LR Edited image to PS

If you are using the Export function what setting are you using in the Export dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is related to the new version 7.3 and new profiles. The problem occurs after dowgrade. New version 7.3 has a lot of errors needs repair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jozefg74728001  wrote

The problem is related to the new version 7.3 and new profiles. The problem occurs after dowgrade. New version 7.3 has a lot of errors needs repair

The newest version of LR is 7.3.1. I suggest you check the CC DTA and update to this newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is updated
The new version is very slow and I do not like the 'Preset Previews' option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you mean Profile previews, then just change the Profile browser option from Grid or Large to List and you'll just see the names of each profile:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines