Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic missing from output build RH7.02

Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many topics in the Table of Contents, but one of them has a problem. It will not appear in the single source layouts Properties list (left hand pane) even if I select "Show all topics". So I can't include it in the output build, whether to manuals or webhelp. It has no topic-level or ToC-level build tags.
Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009
Hi Philip

Have you tried simply creating a new Single Source Layout and creating from there?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the topic not get included in webhelp when you generate? You don't select topics for online help so the TOC should be irrelevant.

In the print layout, use the << button to clear the layout and then >> to reinsert it. Does the topic not appear then?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Sorry - I described the symptoms wrongly.

The misbehaving topic will build into WebHelp OK, but it doesn't build into CHM or Word doc layouts.

I have just discovered that, in the CHM output, the structure of book, sub-books that contain the errant topic is wrong; it does not go down to 3 levels, only 2 levels. WebHelp has the output corrrect 3 levels.
Build tag expressions are dientical for CHM and WebHelp.

For Word doc output, I've tried using the << and >> buttons, but it makes no difference; the topic I want is missing from the left-hand pane, so I cannot transfer it to the right-hand pane.

Puzzled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. In Win Explorer, copy the topic to another location outside the project.
2. In RH, delete all links to the topic, and then delete the topic.
3. In RH, import the file from the external location.

Any luck? Sometimes RH simply loses track of a topic (the same can also apply to SSLayouts, as well).
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip

Have you tried simply creating a new Single Source Layout and creating from there?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Leon,

I tried that... but it ddn't work. I tried creating a new topic adjacent to the missing one in the ToC, and copied the info from missing to new, but this wouldn't show either!
I tried to rebuild the 'child' book structure within the top level book, but this book doesn't appear in the output. The sub-topics appear as if no book existed above them Is something getting corrupted in the ToC file, or what? I can't help feeling there's something connecting the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick,

Our messages must have passed by each other.

This worked - THANK YOU!

Does this mean it was a corrupted SSL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp