Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help on a project / Technical information

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got some trouble with my smartphone camera, as you can see on this video I recorded with a mate 10 Pro, there are waves at the start of the video, I still can't find what's going on with my camera.

My first question is : Do you know how to solve this problem ? And wheres is this coming from ?

Second question : Can I make them disapear on Premiere Pro ? With a specific tool or anything like that..

Thank you in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This video is unavailable" appears when I try to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work either. I just tried it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something like that happen when my HDV camera needed to be serviced.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to fix that with software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange, if they are random, you could try AE's mesh warp distortion tool and animate it. it uses gridlines. you would need to stabilize first, dunno, looks like some parts even go out of focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, I have this problem on every video I record, (or maybe 95% of them)

From my point of view, it's a problem of focus, I don't know why the focus keep changing automatically.

Plus, I recorded this with a stabilizer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like some sort of digital auto-stabilisation being applied to your video. Try turning it off and recording .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the effect looks like digital image stabilization being pushed beyond what it can cope with, similar to how Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer looks when Subspace Warp is used with extremely shaky footage. I do not think anything is wrong with the camera.

The cause is probably two things combined: Digital image stabilization is turned on in the phone, and the phone is subjected to an extreme move. The digital stabilization can only compensate by applying extreme distortion, which ends up looking wobbly and wavy. All image stabilization is designed to compensate for little shakes, not big ones.

The reason you see it at the beginning is probably because you're setting up your shot, you haven't gotten the camera framed yet so the camera is being jerked around a lot. The content inside the frame changes too quickly, so there is not enough consistent content in the frame to use to synthesize a stabilized result, so the result looks bad.

The best way to cure this is to use the stabilization the way it was designed: To compensate for minor hand shakes while the camera is being held relatively still. Don't expect it to stabilize large jerky motions like when you've just grabbed the phone out of your pocket and are still trying to get the shot framed at the beginning. Let it settle down and then start the real shot. And during the shot, you still need to concentrate on holding the camera steady. If you hold the camera steady enough, the stabilization will take care of the little shakes and the shot will look good, as in the rest of your video.

There are lots of clips on YouTube from different cameras where the wobbly effect is through the entire video, because someone was using the camera while walking, running, or climbing. It's the same problem: The shakiness is too much for digital stabilization to fix without unwanted distortion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I said,

"I had something like that happen when my HDV camera needed to be serviced."

I didn't mean that it was a hardware issue.

I was just saying that I had video that looked like that and was unable to repair it with software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines