• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new default profiles in LR Develop Basic panel have disappeared.

Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the Color Profile Portrait, and Color Profile Vivid in the LR Develop Basic Panel, but then those profiles disappeared.  I would like to find then again and put them back where they belong.

How do I find the missing profiles?  When I click the 4 boxes, they are not anywhere to be found in all of those profiles.

I am using LR 7.3.1 and Camera Raw 10.1

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Here I've set the profile browser view option to List so it's easy to see how many profiles there are in each category.

You may be looking at a non-raw image, like a JPG, TIF or PSD, so you'll only see the profiles that aren't raw-specific, like for a JPG:

Or what do you mean you've clicked in the 4 boxes, because there are more than four sections if you're looking at a RAW:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is strange here, if you have LR 7.3.1 open then you should see that it has Camera Raw 10.3 functions see the screen capture. You are probably have Lightroom 7.1  open which does not have the new profiles.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 8.33.56 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I've set the profile browser view option to List so it's easy to see how many profiles there are in each category.

You may be looking at a non-raw image, like a JPG, TIF or PSD, so you'll only see the profiles that aren't raw-specific, like for a JPG:

Or what do you mean you've clicked in the 4 boxes, because there are more than four sections if you're looking at a RAW:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BINGO!  Thank you ssprengel !

I had updated my photo from a .dng to a .tif after I edited in Photoshop. 

Now to find out how to get a .dng out of photoshop in addition to a tif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you select a DNG (raw) file to "Edit In Photoshop" you are creating a new TIFF file. You are not updating anything.  The new TIFF file will open in Photoshop with any develop adjustments you made to the DNG in Lightroom.

You have no need to "get a .dng out of photoshop"  because your original DNG file is untouched by Lightroom and still visible in the Catalog library with any edits stored in the Catalog.

Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines