• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CfExchange Tags and Microsoft 440 Error

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a set pages using the CfExchange tags working fine with our old Microsoft Exchange 2003 server. My institution recently upgraded to Exchange 2007. None of my pages work now. They all return a 440 (login timeout) error, almost instantly. Loggin directly into the Exchange Web form does not produce this error.

To complicate matters, I must access a server that is not the mailbox server. This server is a gateway that redirects unmigrated users to the 2003 server and migrated users to the 2007 server.

Most of what I have seen regarding this error points to certificate or permissions problems. I've had our ColdFusion server admin import the certificate from the Exchange servers with no positive results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started to work for me, when I added formBasedAuthenticationURL option to cfexchangeconnection tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Exchange 2007 server requires HTTPS and uses Forms Based Authentication. Using the basic example, I was receiving a 440 (login timeout) error. To solve it, I imported the SSL cert into the JRE truststore, enabled the "HTTPS" protocol, and then specified the formBasedAuthenticationURL attribute of the cfexchangeconnection tag. Now it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the above, guys. I am trying to do the same, and emulated Dan's code above. I am getting this:

============================
Connection to [server] is refused.
Ensure that the Exchange server is running and that it supports the protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) you have specified for accessing it.
============================

The Exchange server is running, and is updating my mailbox as viewed in Outlook. Any more ideas most welcome.

-keyman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyman: Have you verified that the WebDAV service is up and running on the server you are connecting to?

Note that my example assumes the following:
1. IIS and WebDAV are enabled on the target Exchange server. (This has been documented elsewhere)
2. The username and password you're using has the appropriate permissions for a WebDAV connection. (I'm not the Exchange admin, so I'm not sure what they are, but I think the account needs to be allowed to connect to OWA. - Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Optional: (don't use if you don't have to)
- IF HTTPS is required, use the appropriate argument.
- IF Forms Based Authentication is on in Exchange 2007 (as was my case), you'll have to work around it using the formBasedAuthenticationURL argument.

I hope that helps clarify my prior message.
- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Dan, it did help.

WebDav is a separate product which might or might not be installed at the server end (wasn't in my case). However OWA was enabled, and that was the ticket for me. I asked the mail administrator to turn on OWA for the particular mailbox I wanted to read (and already had credentials for). After that it was quite straightforward, and I was able to read the mailbox immediately, using just the minimal statements outlined above. This link is also useful:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Tags_d-e_16.html

The name of the server was just the https url (without "https://"). I did not need the formauthentication parameters.
Of course, I did include the "protocol" clause.

This is a great feature in CF8.

- keyman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation