Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server error while updating CS6

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Bought a new computer and reinstalled my Photoshop CS6 and now getting an error while trying to update it.

Error message in Adobe application Manager:

The update server is not responding. The server might be offline temporarily, or the internet or firewall may be incorrect.

I have reinstalled CS6, changed firewall and used different network. This has been like that for days now.

I need help on this!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I got it fixed but not in the way mentioned above. As I have a MAC then this explanation did not apply to me. But here is what I did:

When I initially tried to update CS6, I opened Photoshop and click help/updates. This gave me an error that server is not responding. So I downloaded Creative Cloud App manager. And after downloading and installing, I went back to CS6 and clicked again help/updates, and somehow now it works. It seems that you can't do any direct updates from software without downloading CC App manager. Although CC App manager will not show me any of my installed apps and I can't update them through there as I am not using Creative Cloud.

Hope this explanation will help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should have mentioned in your original post that you had a MAC.

At least you got it sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My notebook is Windows 10 Pro.

I still got the same error, update server is not responding, after I downloaded and applied "

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.1 update for Adobe Photoshop CS6

Downloaded Creative Cloud (including App manager) then clicked "update..." from CS6 that worked great as MartinHallik.

Thank you for both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning - I've just found this thread. Due to a Windows 7 Hard Drive crash, I have had to re-install my copy of CS6. Like everyone else here, I've faced the same error message when trying to update from withing PS CS6. I've worked my way through all of the suggestions leading to the downloading and installing Creative Cloud App manager. However, here is my problem. Now when I click updates I get a message saying that this will update me to the latest versions of this software. I'm not sure what that means - does it mean CC version? Apologies if I am being stupid. I clicked cancel then tried to update from Bridge CS6 and I got the old update options and that is download perfectly as I write this.

So really my question is, if I update using CC App manager will update me to CC versions and the problems that would give me, or does it apply the updates to my CS6 suite. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines