Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat opening and crashing immediately - MacOS High Sierra

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

I am running 10.13.3 on High Sierra.  I have the latest download of Acrobat pro 2017 (desktop software, not the subscription model.)  Every time I open it, it closes immediately and I am stumped.  I see that there has not been a good solution on the fora which I can find.  I really need to get this to work.  I tried running it from the guest account and it crashed immediately there too.

I am getting desperate and really need help with this.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you,

--Ben

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it closes, is there any message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  I get the dot as though the app is open and then the dot goes away and the app never really launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue with Acrobat DC on 10.13.3.

It crashes and somewhat freezes my mac. I have to force quit it. It does not close on its own after crash or give a popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AttilaB12,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing on your mac machine, is that correct?

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1-  Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

2-  Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

3- If that doesn't work, reset preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

4- If issue still persists, try the steps given in the following help document: Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue. Have not completed trouble-shooting steps. No update is shown as available, and rebooting has no effect. Opens and then closes immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines