• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM search panel NEAR AND OR NOT

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any luck getting these to work? The search panel gives you the flyout menu but they don't seem to work as expected or perhaps I'm using the wrong syntax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, AsisCSI,

All four operators work fine for me. Here's an article that describes how to use them in search expressions:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/hhfindingtext.htm

The important thing is to insert the operator between two words in the search expression, and not at the beginning or end of the expression (in which case you'll get the message "Help cannot search for that phrase").

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was doing, (I'm using robohelp 7 to create a .chm)

If I type in
additive NEAR polymer

I get all occurences of additive and all occurences of poymer
Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, again,

No additional setting. So, your search results include topics that contain "additive" but not "polymer", "polymer" but not "additive", and both words separated by more than eight others?

If you feel comfortable sending your .chm file to me, I'd be happy to take a closer look at it. (Click my name at the left.) Failing that, perhaps you could paste the contents of your project (.hhp) file into a reply so that I can try to reproduce the problem in a test file that is based on your project settings.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'll send the .chm

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp