• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Won't Display Generated help File

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been generating basic help files for a year now. But for some reason last night I decided to rearrange the contents in a help system. After doing so I noticed that I could generate the help once. When I closed it and later tried to reopen it (without generating new) I got a message saying

"Cannot create compiled file. It may be open in another window. Please close all HTML help windows and try again".

When you click the help generate button it looks as though it is generating something but then nothing opens.

If you then access the help file (.chm) in the SSL folder and click to open it by double-clicking on it the message says:

"Cannot open the file mk:@MSITStore<filepath>

where <filepath> is the location of the .chm help file.

After the first experience of this, the help display issue now happens with all of the help files and projects that I try to open. These are files and projects that have been working fine till now.

Can anyone help? I'm due to finish a project in 2 days??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might try this. First, enable the Output View by clicking Tools > Options > General tab. Ensure there is a check mark in the "Auto-show Output View" check box.

Click OK to dismiss the dialog.

Compile the CHM again. When you do, a new tab should display near your Topic List pod. Scrutinize what is listed there as it may provide a clue where the process if falling flat.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Did you ever find an answer to your problem? The same thing is happening to me and looking at the output is not helping. It seems to be something to do with images, but I haven't changed them so I don't know why.
Thanks,
Bridget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp