• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 7.3 : Intel HD Graphics 4600 (HD4600) support

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that LR has dropped support for Intel's HD4600.

But, when I check the "Use Graphics Processor" box under preferences, LR recognizes the processor and improves performance a lot on my 2560x1440 monitor. That's good news. I have the latest drivers from Intel.

The bad news is that the box gets unchecked each time I exit LR.

Is there a way around this? Why not let it be checked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cedyathome  wrote

I understand that LR has dropped support for Intel's HD4600.

I'd be surprised if this is true. I have not seen anything that stated this GPU is no longer supported.

The bad news is that the box gets unchecked each time I exit LR.

Is there a way around this? Why not let it be checked?

Sounds like your preference file needs to be deleted or renamed (or perhaps somehow it no longer has write permission?)

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work.

I renamed my preferences and Startup Preferences files. Started LR which created new ones. ticked the "use graphics controller" box, restarted LR. Box is unchecked on restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right though - the HD4500 is supported according to this statement at
Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Suggested graphics cards

Graphics cards released in the year 2014 or afterwards that meet the minimum system requirements (listed above) should work.

• AMD: For AMD cards, consider using the Radeon R9 series of cards, such as the R9 270 through 290.
  • NVIDIA: For NVIDIA cards, consider using a card from the GeForce GTX 760+ line (760, 770, 780, or later) or from the GeForce GTX 900 series.
  • Intel: For Intel cards, Intel HD Graphics 4400+, 5000+, 510+, P530, P630, Iris Pro Graphics 5200, 6100+, P6300, P580 or later are required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although listed, the support for the DH4600 has been dropped with the change from LR6 to LR7.

With LR7, DX12 support is needed and that is what the HD4600 is not able to support. It should, however, fall back to OpenGL, but it does not.

Since the HD4600 is a rather slow and old internal GPU, I did not experience any gain compared to software rendering using the i7 CPU when used with my 1920x1200 24" TFT.

I suggest to buy a low priced, fanless Nvidia GTX1050 Ti or alike .. or of course whatever you can afford 😉

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines