1 2 3 4 Previous Next 136 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2018 8:47 AM by Excuse me Mr. Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
      • 80. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
        ryancdavis Level 1

Hi Jeff -

Thank you for your help and the quick reply. It is much appreciated.

I did use the direct download link in post #47 to download the latest version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application - which is version 4.5.0.331 as of writing this message. Unfortunately, this version produces the same outcome as before (brief flash and then nothing happens). This happens on El Capitan 10.11.6.

I also just out of curiosity downloaded one of the full packaged applications from this link (Download Creative Cloud apps ), but it appears the current 4.5.0.331 version of Creative Cloud Desktop has not been repackaged with these. So, once the full application installs (lets say Premiere Pro), Creative Cloud Desktop appears in my menu bar as if it did install successfully, but then attempts to automatically update which then fails at 2% with "Error 1001." This creates the issue where I cannot install the most recent version of Creative Cloud Desktop because it will not install, but then I cannot update the previous Creative Cloud Desktop application from one of the full application installers since it automatically updates and the update fails.

Let me know how I can help or if there is anything you would like me to try. I started with a fresh install of OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 and currently am focusing on successfully installing the Creative Cloud Desktop application and getting it to work prior to installing anything else. This is my video editing computer, so I do not use it for anything but editing - which I am unable to do currently until this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the help Jeff. Talk to you soon.

• 81. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
          ryancdavis Level 1

Hi Jeff -

I wanted to add that from the looks of it, I think most of the people here are having issues on older Mac computers (like myself) that are running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6. My MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra works fine and has not had any issues with the Creative Cloud Desktop application, so it sounds like it may be isolated to older Mac computers on 10.11.6.

• 82. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
            Excuse me Mr. Level 1

Thanks Ryan

I would like to add something too... How to explain that 4.5.0.331 of Creative Cloud Desktop work fine on my MacBook Pro Mid-2009 running El Capitan 10.11.6... Old mac with old OSX but more lucky than oldest. What a stranger thing!

Edit: My MacPro 1.1 (2007) is experiencing the 1001 error issue since the update.

It could be interesting to know the version of 10.11.6 for all of us.
            My MacPro 2007 run on OSX 10.11.6 (15G18013) (Max) and have an issue

My MacBookPro Mid 2009 run on 10.11.6 (15G20015) (Max) and work fine.

1 person found this helpful
            • 83. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
              AristryInLight Level 1

I am having the same issue on 10.11.6, with my macbookpro 3,1 which is mid 2007. Everything was working great across the board until the update.

• 84. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                AristryInLight Level 1

In the process of trying to fix this issue, I removed all adobe products. Is there any way that I can download lightroom classic and photoshop right now at all? Like from a prior creative cloud installer or full application download? It's been about a week since I have not been able to access these apps... and I have photos I want to edit!

Thanks Everyone.

• 85. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                  Art Box Level 1

In reply to Excuse me Mr., I just went to check my version of 10.11.6 and it took me a moment to find the build (I had to click on the version number before it would reveal)

Anyway, my version on an iMac 24" Mid 2007 (CC Installer not working) is the same as on your MacBooPro 2009 that is working - i.e. build (15G20015) - no mention of "Max" or anything else after that number.

So no clue there!

• 87. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                    Excuse me Mr. Level 1

Hi Art Box!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

It's not really easy to find the build yep... Sorry... To quickly access it, choose About This Mac from the Apple () and clic onto the OSX version... And voilààà.

mmmmm I feel something special about 2007 computers!
                    And forgives me for the "Max" mention. That's mean I cannot go beyond this version.

• 88. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                      Art Box Level 1

Hi Excuse me Mr. - I was just coming back here to remark similar - rather than my statement saying "no clue there" with the build number, it does actually seem it's to do with 2007 Macs.

Like I kind of tongue in cheek hinted at earlier, could it be Apple (out of concern for we users) not wanting us to overstretch these old machines, that they gently and quietly perhaps make them slowly stop working with over demanding software? - They wouldn't do anything like that would they? (err, yes they do!).

• 89. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                        Excuse me Mr. Level 1

I fear so... Art Box!

Is it really useful to sell computers that can live for a long time and make them pay so much...

There's a worm in our apples

• 90. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                          ryancdavis Level 1

I agree, I do think this has something to do with 2007 Mac computers. Mine is a 2007 as well, so seems it could be isolated to 2007 models possibly?

Excuse me Mr. - I wonder what it could be that would allow all the other apps to run fine if directly installed from here (Download Creative Cloud apps ), but cause Creative Cloud Desktop not to install or update correctly? If Apple was trying to limit us and our ability to use newer apps on old Mac computers, then I would think that the full Adobe applications would not install either - but they do. It is the Creative Cloud Desktop app that is specifically the issue. I have continued to try and troubleshoot it, but can't seem to figure it out or make any progress not matter what I try - and I have tried just about everything I can think of to try to resolve it.

Honestly, if Adobe could make it where the Creative Cloud Desktop application would simply not update unless initiated by the user, then our issue would partially be resolved. Like I said earlier in post #80, if we could install from the full app versions found at the link above (which also successfully installs a version of Creative Cloud Desktop) and if Creative Cloud Desktop did not attempt to automatically force the update (this is where it fails at 2% and Error 1001) but rather functioned at the installed version, then we could at least use Creative Cloud Desktop to install and manage our applications until the "bugs" are worked out with the current version. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this or not, but may be a possible solution to get us all up and working until they get the installer in the current version to work properly. You can't unplug your computer from the network because Creative Cloud Desktop says no internet connection and as soon as you plug it in, it goes to automatically updating and fails.

Jeff A Wright - Do you know if it is possible to disallow Creative Cloud Desktop from trying to automatically update and simply function at the installed version? There is no way to uncheck the "Keep Adobe Creative Cloud up to date" box after initial install and signing in, so it goes straight to updating once you sign in and then fails. This would get us a solution until the current version installer issue is fixed. I can confirm that the 4.4.1.298 version of Creative Cloud Desktop will install on my system successfully. The issue is once you sign it, it tries to update, fails at 2% with error 1001, and renders it useless. Let me know what you think.

• 91. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                            AristryInLight Level 1

@Excuse Me Mr. - Amazing.... I now can work again! Thanks so much for posting that link!!!!

I just downloaded the full version of the software lightroom classic and photoshop from Download Creative Cloud apps  - April 16th versions - One version behind, but at least I can work now.

I don't have a useful Adobe Creative Cloud installer yet, as it will not update, but I believe that it still sees me as signed in, so I'll just wait out a software fix for 2007 macs...

Cheers!

• 92. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                              ryancdavis Level 1

I wanted to add that the build version of my MacPro is (15G31). I did not see any mention of (Max). Not sure if that helps or not, but may provide some insight for the Adobe team to try and troubleshoot what could be going on?

• 93. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                                ryancdavis Level 1

AristryInLight - Glad you were able to get up and going.

You are running into the same issue I am with using those versions and them not being repackaged with the current version of Creative Cloud Desktop (see my post #90). The Adobe applications will run fine, but Creative Cloud Desktop will try and automatically update and fail - rendering it useless. At least the program works though .

• 94. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                                  Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Thank you all for the continued updates on this discussion.  The responses from different members have provided valuable workarounds and insights into the latest causes of Error 1001.

Ryancdavis, you can choose to not apply mandatory updates to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application through the preferences in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Please see below for a screenshot of where the preference can be toggled to disable keeping the app up to date.

Keep app up to date.png

Additional control of the update options is provided to Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise memberships.  For individuals who are using our applications in a work environment, I would encourage you to look into one of these plan options.

I am very impressed with the responses on this public forum discussion.  Excuse Me Mr. your links to Download Creative Cloud apps have been invaluable and should allow an individual member to work around the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application from updating under macOS 10.11.6.

I will plan to provide an update on this public forum discussion on Monday, May 6, 2018.  Vinay Dwiveldi or another Adobe Staff member may have additional questions or updates to this public forum discussion as well.

If anyone does face errors with reinstalling applications through Download Creative Cloud apps then I would encourage you to start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install with the specific errors you are facing.  It will help keep this public discussion focused on resolving Error 1001 when installing on macOS 10.11.6.  Please feel free to reference this discussion in the new discussion you are creating.

Finally, please be aware that installation files available at Download Creative Cloud apps do not always reflect the most recent version of the available applications.  An additional developmental effort is necessary to make these files available.  This is why we recommend resolving any errors which result in using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application as an install and update mechanism for individual members.  Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise members have the ability to make their own local installation and update files available through a variety of methods.

• 95. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

One last request for the weekend.  Can someone please capture a screenshot of Error 1001 when updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application under macOS 10.11.6.  I see Excuse Me. Mr. screenshots in post #52 but I don't see a picture of the error itself.  It may be contained within the embedded video but a picture would be appreciated.  Information on how to capture a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

• 96. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                      bobbyr17012735 Level 1

@  - Here's a screenshot of what I get. On the left is when the Creative Cloud desktop application opens it first tries to update immediately then gets the 1001 error. When you click "cancel" you are taken to the screen on the right. If you click "install now" it tries to update gets stuck at 2% with the 1001 error again (screen on the left). If you click quit, the application closes. Unchecking the "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" doesn't seem to do anything. If you uncheck and close the application the app tries to immediately update itself again.

There are no options to get to preferences or anything else.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-04-at-6.06.52-PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-04 at 6.21.50 PM.png

2 people found this helpful
                                      • 97. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                                        ryancdavis Level 1

Jeff A Wright - Thank you again for your help on this and the diligence to keep us all updated as things progress. I personally appreciate it and know everyone on here does as well.

Regarding my question about "disallowing Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating." Unfortunately, the solution you provided will not work under the circumstances. The reason is due to the preferences menu you referenced not being available when Creative Cloud Desktop is first installed. It also is not available even after logging in with your email address and password. The first thing it does is check for an update and until it passes this process (which it cannot due throwing the 1001 error), the user is unable to access the settings you referenced. For example, if using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application version 4.4.1.298 which will successfully run the installer and successfully install, once you click on the menu bar icon it asks for login credentials. Even if you do not enter these at this point and try to click on the settings menu as shown in the image on the right in post #96 above, there is no option for preferences to disable these options. I have attached some pictures below showing the installer successfully installing version 4.4.1.298 and then the Creative Cloud Desktop interface when it runs for the first time.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.12.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.13.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.13.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.21.12 PM.png

Hopefully, this helps provide some insight and a possible workaround that we could use. I'm not sure if there is a file within the package that could be edited to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from checking for an update and simply run the current installed version, but I am sure all of us would be excited to have a workaround in the meantime until the app is updated so it will install and run correctly on 10.11.6.

Let me know if I can help or if there is anything you would want me to try out as a test to see if it works. Thank you again for the help.

• 98. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                          WikiCork Level 1

Here is my Mac and program with builder version.

How many are there who have this version and that does not work?

Encourages Adobe to fix this error "Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6" as soon as possible.
                                          And according to what Adobe refers to, there should be no issues with this version.

We pay for this subscription monthly!

Skjermbilde 2018-05-05 kl. 08.03.48.png

• 99. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                            SS ADMIN Level 1

Any chance someone from Adobe Support could post a link here for the previous version of the CC Desktop app that was working for everyone (i.e. the version before 4.4.1.298) whatever that was so that we can all get back up and running whilst we wait for a newer working version. :-)

• 100. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                              Excuse me Mr. Level 1

I've found the previous version trough the french official website (4.4.1.298)

http://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/ACCCx4_4_1_298.dmg

They don't have updated the french page at all

But when we use this version the update will launch automatically

Back to the square one.
                                              The time spent trying to find a solution for each of us is exhausting and it's the loss of valuable time.
                                              I'm looking to buy a newer PC or newer machine than mine. Apple drives me crazy. But it's expensive to update.

I'm starting to lose patience

• 101. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                ryancdavis Level 1

Hi Everyone -

Well, I've been going through a bunch of forums trying to figure out if there is a way to keep the Creative Cloud Desktop application (4.4.1.298) that will install and run on El Capitan 10.11.6  from automatically checking for an update. I found a few possible solutions, but have not been successful at getting them to work yet. I even went as far as trying to use both  2017 and 2018 Creative Cloud Packager applications to build a custom install package that disallows updates for Creative Cloud Desktop, but could not get the final packager file to install on El Capitan 10.11.6 for some reason. I think it may be because Creative Cloud Packager, regardless of the used, always checks for the latest update of Creative Cloud Desktop and builds the package with the current version. Unfortunately, in Creative Cloud Packager, it does not provide the option to select the version of Creative Cloud Desktop as it does with the other applications.

I  compiled the information below from a few forums. I did not make any progress, but maybe you guys could give it a try and see if you have any success. Additionally, maybe Jeff A Wright could provide additional insight to if there are any other "property keys" that we could use to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from checking for an update and simply run the version that is installed?

======

TEST #1

======

I guess this is partial process, since the user can now control if Creative Cloud Desktop tries to update or not without having access to the preferences (since this is not an option for us when Creative Cloud Desktop initially starts). Unfortunately, since Creative Cloud Desktop is designed as it is, this still does not fix the issue.

I was successful at disallowing Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating by modifying the file below and changing the "property key", but this still renders the application useless since it ends up saying "Update Available" and will not let you get past this point. It shows the two options "Install" or "Quit", which are the same options we already see when the update fails with "Error 1001."

It sure would be nice if Adobe did not push out "Mandatory" updates, or at a minimum, gave us an option like Apple does to select "Remind Me Later." This would be extremely helpful in situations like these. I am not sure what would make it so important to force a "Mandatory" update. Apple does not even do this with their OS and all "Updates" are able to be initiated by the user without rendering the software useless. That is only a small part of the problem and is why we are all having this issue in the first place. Allowing the user to disallow an update and use the currently installed version should be considered in future releases of Creative Cloud Desktop - in my opinion.

Anyways, here is the file to modify if you want to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating:

1) Use the "Go to folder" feature of the Finder menu bar and navigate to:  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

2) Locate the file named "com.adobe.acc.container.default.prefs" and open it with TextEdit.

3) Replace <property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">ON</property> with <property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">OFF</property>.

Now, when starting Creative Cloud Desktop, it will not automatically try to update but rather just notify you that an update is available. This should be the default setting in my opinion, but as I previously stated, this unfortunately does not help us since there is not an option to "postpone" the update and just run the application. I thought I would give it a try with hopes of a better outcome, but it did not help.

======

TEST #2

======

Now, this is where it starts to get interesting. I think this option may have some potential, but I could not get it to work successfully. I believe it may be due to the directories Adobe references being different on our systems. I tried adding the ".dat" files to various locations. At one point, when using the "Machine-wide Disablement" option, Creative Cloud Desktop notified me that "No internet connection available." That did not help much and still rendered the application useless. The two options in "User Account Disablement" are the ones that may actually help us all out, but unfortunately, I was unable to get them to work.

Excuse me Mr. - Do you want to give the "User Account Disablement" options a try and see if you have any success?

Jeff A Wright - Could you please confirm if the "User Account Disablement" options are applicable to our version of Creative Cloud Desktop?

Here is the link: Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

The goal is to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically checking for an update and just functioning at the version installed until the latest release is updated to work properly on our systems. It is always good to keep applications up-to-date, but when the current version renders the software useless, then that is when we need a workaround until it is fixed.

One other note would be that Adobe could make the latest release "Not Mandatory" which would allow us to install the last version that worked. I am unsure if we would still get hung up on the "Update Available" screen or not, but maybe that is another option to consider. It may not be an option to do this, but thought I would throw it out there.

I agree Excuse me Mr., this is exhausting and unfortunate that we are having to even deal with this issue. I really hope Adobe remedies this issue for us sooner than later. Jeff A Wright seems to be very attentive to our conversations and this issue, and working to find a solution so the development team can update Creative Cloud Desktop to work on our system. I just hope this happens soon.

Let me know what you all think or if you are successful at getting any of these options it to work. I'm going to try a few tests later this evening. If I am successful, I will report back with my findings.

• 102. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                  josephz33966158 Level 1

Hello,

I am having the same issue and am disappointed with the complications associated with the new Adobe platform in general.

Why do I need Adobe Cloud to access Indesign?

What do I need to do to gain access to Indesign.

Thanks HJZ

• 103. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                    Excuse me Mr. Level 1

Hi ryancdavis

Thank you for this masterful analysis and I'm happy to know that your thought joins mine. I was exploring this possibility as well.

# TEST2 is unfortunately not a good solution. I did some extensive research and I did'nt find an AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. It seems that this file was only available in the CS6 system library. Nevertheless, I explored the #TEST 1 and I've found a new path ...

It could be interesting to search and explore this file too:

user / Library / Application Support / Adobe / OOBE> com.adobe.accc.container> features> ................. @ AdobeID> _data

Searching the line:

id = "com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.alwaysUpToDateDefaultPreference" state = "ON"

Change to "OFF" (take care about the "" on my french system the automatic correction of TextEdit gives me « » and we need to preserve "")

There's a lot of "states" to try, like :

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.showAlwaysUpToDateCheckbox"

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.aem.autoMountEnabled"

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.apps.checkHardwareRequirements"

and more.

I wish I could have your opinion on it

I am currently trying

Of course, I take care to close the APP before changing the "states" and I restart my computer.

• 104. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                      Excuse me Mr. Level 1

Hi Joseph
                                                      Adobe has centralized softwares management through Creative Cloud Desktop. When it works it's really useful. However, if you have problems installing InDesign, you can still download a standalone one.

Creative Cloud apps | Direct download (If you are facing issues while downloading your Creative Cloud apps, use the download links in the table below) Download Creative Cloud apps

You will have obviously to login via InDesign. This is a solution until the developers find a way.

Best.

• 105. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Thanks for posting the screenshot, Bobby and Ryancdavis!  I have received an update, and we are currently in the process of testing a fix for Mac computers affected by this error.  Bobby and Ryancdavis your screenshots will be invaluable when this document is made available.

Ryancdavis, in answer to your question the option to control the update of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application only pertains to non-mandatory updates to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Release 4.5.0.331 of the Creative Cloud desktop app is considered a mandatory update and will be applied when the Creative Cloud desktop app has internet access.  Not all updates are mandatory, and you can find a list of the enhancements which have been applied to the Creative Cloud desktop app at Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .  Additional control over this process is available to Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise members as we realize many organizations need flexible deployment and update options.

Please continue to follow this public forum discussion thread for continued updates.

• 106. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                          Ivor_J Level 1

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone

• 107. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                            le luxe fou Level 1

@

<property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">OFF</property>

...cut

have fun

stephy

• 108. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001

There has been a pleasant update posted in Re: Creative Cloud desktop app will not instal and no error received by Garry.  He has been working directly with our Engineering team and is testing a fix.  As suggested by Garry please do contact our support team at Contact Customer Care if you would like to help with testing the fix for Error 1001.

This discussion will still be updated once a public link or document is available.

• 109. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001

For those who are affected by Error 1001, while updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, on Mac OS 10.11.6 please bookmark "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .  This page will be updated once the current solution is fully tested and ready for release.

You are welcome to continue following this public forum discussion for continued updates.

• 110. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001
                                                                  Ivor_J Level 1

Thank you, Jeff and others!

Yesterday, I was able to download the Mac versions of Illustrator and Photoshop that were provided in a link in a previous post (thank you). The installers did install Creative Cloud, and it did try to update the CC app with the 4.5.0.331 version, but that failed. Curiously, instead of an Error Code of 1001, it was an error code 1004, which I don't think that I'd seen before.

Ivor

• 111. Re: Upgrade of creative Cloud desktop failed Error Code 1001

Ivor, thank you for the update.

For everyone currently affected by Error 1001, while installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, on macOS 10.11.6, please see "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for an updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app that will address this error.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or face additional errors when applying the update.

4 people found this helpful
                                                                    • 112. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                      ryancdavis Level 1

Thanks Jeff A Wright for the update on how things are progressing. I have been busy at work, so haven't had time to check the forum in the past couple of days. That is great news! I'm willing to test it as well and did not know how to get in contact with Garry for testing? Do I contact him directly through the customer service link you referenced?

• 113. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                        ryancdavis Level 1

Hi Excuse me Mr. -

Thanks for sharing your feedback. From the sounds of the update from Jeff A Wright, they are working on a fix and hopefully will release it soon to correct the issues with Creative Cloud Desktop on OSX 10.11.6. I didn't know about the other property keys that were available, so thank you for sharing those with me. Unfortunately, as Jeff A Wright said, since it is a mandatory update we may not be able to keep it from updating - which is a bummer. Hopefully, the fix they are actively working on will get us all back up and going

• 114. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                          Ivor_J Level 1

Your welcome, Jeff. Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue.   

Ivor

• 115. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Ryancdavis, there is no need to continue contacting our support team for Error 1001 while updating the Creative Cloud desktop app under Mac OS 10.11.6.  The link in message #111 will take you to a page where you can download the updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, Ryancdavis.

• 116. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                              AristryInLight Level 1

Thanks everyone for the help, I am back up and running again and downloading the latest updates for several applications now!

This link is to the latest release of the app, it is the same that is officially mentioned above by Jeff A Wright

"Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

Thanks to all the Adobe Staff and technical team, much love!

• 117. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                                Ivor_J Level 1

Huzzah! I was able to install the new version of Creative Cloud app (via the link provide by Jeff in post 111) successfully, and I'm now updating or installing the Adobe desktop apps. Thank you, Jeff, and the team that worked on a resolution to this problem! FYI, I was successful with Step 1 as provided in https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhelpx.adobe.com%2Fcreative-cl oud%2Fkb%2Ffailed-install-crea…

and didn't have to go to Step 2 or further.

Ivor

• 118. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6
                                                                                  macrothwell Level 1

All working now for me Jeff. Job well done.

• 119. Re: Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Thank you all, for the continued updates!

I have set post #111 as the correct answer to help future individuals who are affected by Error 1001 under Mac OS 10.11.6 while installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.