• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Locations - where to install .xmp brushes?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do .xmp brushes belong? On one of my computers, the brushes are located in the Adobe > Camera Raw > LocalCorrections folder. On my other computer, this location/folder doesn't exist, so I don't know where to drop these brushes (with .xmp file extension). Thoughts?

In addition to this issue, and since we're on the topic of preset location... when I right-click on a preset in the Develop module, it takes me to the Camera Raw directory. Perfect. Though, when I search for the location via Lightroom > Preferences > Presets > Show Preset Folder Location, it takes me to the old preset location (in the Lightroom Directory, and to the .lrtemplate files).

I'm running Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and I'm dealing with the bugs as I run into them (who isn't!?). This one is mind boggling!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know that Lightroom has yet begun to use .XMP brushes. To my knowledge .XMP Brushes are only used by ACR.

Only the LR Develop presets and Camera profiles have been converted to the .XMP format.

The "LocalCorrections folder" is for ACR  .XMP brushes.

LR still uses the old preset location  ....\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets  for  the .lrtemplate Brush preset files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local adjustments are definitely not yet XMP compatible. Therefore, they should be installed in the same location as they always have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I figured they were just because it auto-converted the brushes along with the presets.

So if I update a brush in Lightroom, is it only updating the .lrtemplate file and not the (auto-converted) .xmp file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i. can use xmp brush in lightroom its dosnt work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't you actually read this (old) thread before you posted here? Lightroom does not support XMP brushes. Lightroom local adjustment presets are .lrtemplate.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines