• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush acting like move tool??

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as long as I don't zoom out, my brush works fine. But as soon as I zoom in or use the move too or do anything other than paint, it starts freaking out and moving the screen around instead of putting down brush strokes. This just started randomly happening in the middle of a piece, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Included is a link to a gif of what happening!

https://gyazo.com/18d84ebbabc2467bc28b239fdc2ee7f0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hello, apply this Windows update that fixes the issues created by the previous one: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me and several others commenting on the site. Its been really troublesome all day today since the Windows update.  I'm hoping to call in tomorrow to find a solution with someone, but I have not found one yet in my own troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue.

Any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too, and i cannot figure out what is causing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please search before posting. This has been answered several times today

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only causing issues with Photoshop 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 installed here, and had the same issue. The PSUserConfig fix worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure how to do that. I can open notepad, but it won’t allow me to save to specific locations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to check "Hidden Items" in File Explorer

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this yesterday and It did fix it. it is not working today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

raquels98244624  wrote

I did this yesterday and It did fix it. it is not working today.

Which fix did you apply , the first the second or the third?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the brush back but lost pressure sensitivity. How did you retain those settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking windows ink resolves the canvas issue. The PSUserConfig.txt file restores pen pressure and tilt.

Note the content must be exactly as posted  and the file needs to be named PSUserConfig.txt and located as posted. (Make sure you allow notepad to add the .txt extension or you will end up with a file named PSUserConfig.txt.txt which will not work)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the moving canvas issue by uninstalling the windows update but I have a new problem. When I go to draw, it activates one or both scroll bars and they turn white. It will not allow me to draw at all, it just moves the scroll bars but the canvas remains still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additional information: the scrolls will go back to normal when my stylus or mouse hovers over it. If I tap with the stylus, color will show up without any problems, but as soon as I drag it will not let me. This occurs on and off. Last night when I uninstalled the windows update, it worked for hours. It isn’t working again. Sometimes I can get a few brush strokes in, but only for a minute at most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using a surface pro 2017, with a surface pen. i found that photoshop was registering my pen as right clicks, as opposed to the usual leftt clicks, thus activating the drag that would happen when i right click and drag with my trackpad. i don't know it it would work for any other tablets, but pushing the right click button on my pen seems to have at least put a band-aid on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankiec79728074,

Thank you for that suggestion - this was the only solution for me! I am using a Surface Book, and I've tried all the above suggestions, in addition to uninstalling and reinstalling an earlier version of Photoshop, experimenting with disabling/enabling Microsoft Ink, with nothing working until now. Thanks a bunch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, apply this Windows update that fixes the issues created by the previous one: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It came to iMac the same, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines