• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Projects Options list empty

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A co-worker is experiencing this issue. She is using RH7 on Windows XP.

After clicking File | New | Project, the New Project, "New" tab has no entries.

Also the Starter "Create New" list has none of the project options.

She has reinstalled RH7 and the problem persists. I'm at a loss as to what to suggest to her to resolve this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this post your colleague's?

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=449&threadid=1420491&e...

I'll try to find out more but want to know if it is one instance of the problem or two.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, No that is not my colleagues posting. But I did forget to mention she is using RH for HTML. I'm not sure if she is using dual monitors and will find that out.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using dual monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted post

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the installation done with either the user's logon with admin rights or by an admin? If not installed with admin rights, uninstall and install again making sure that either the user's logon has admin rights attached while installing or the install is done by an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the user had admin rights, and that account was used to install RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked someone at Adobe for their thoughts. Cannot promise anything. Remind me in a few days time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I'll pass that on to her, and will post a reminder early next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hoped this will fix the problem after another reinstall. It involves a registry edit so you must involve your IT people and ensure a backup is made.

Delete RH in the normal way.

Backup the registry.

Delete "HKCU/software/Adobe/RoboHTML/7.00"

Reinstall either using the user's logon with admin rights attached or using an IT admin logon.

Let us know how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

My co-worker was hesitant to work in the registry without her husband being around (she works from home, he's a little bit of a techie). At some point she realized her shortcut to the app still worked after uninstall. So she tried uninstalling/reinstalling a time or two. It dawned on her that she wasn't getting the serial number request. She kept at it and eventually received an error saying "RHComAdd.dll failed to unregister". She went to your site and found info about deregistering the dll. She did that, but it didn't find the file. She tried a reinstall again, and now she's got the New Project options back.

So we don't know if the registry deletion would have done the trick, but hopefully this info may be of some use to you.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tojo45

Duly noted and thanks. I wonder if the app continuing to work was because she did not reboot aftwerwards? Regardless, it sounds as if the solution was really uninstalling and reinstalling a few times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, It turns out she did not reboot after the first uninstall, which I never thought to ask about, and now I will always wonder if that would have done the trick the first time. Anyway, FYI.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards.

joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are just some things we are not meant to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As in the answer to the meaning of life.

Oh, wait. We DO know that. Silly me. It's 42.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp