• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gpu Not available - After Effects CC 2017

Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody.
I Am Really new to this whole thing and i bought an A7R2 Camera today.

I Filmed a video with it, and when i went into after effects (For the first time in my life) i noticed that it's working over my Cpu and not over my Grahpic cards

What's making this very hard and even impossible to start editing or doing anything with the software.

For the Record I'm using 2 Graphic cards on Crossfire of Radeon R9 290X Water Cooled & i7 4770k Cpu.

To let you know i Have updated my AMD Drivers to the latest firmware Drivers so it's up to date.

I Have seen many tutorials about this matter when i searched for a fix over google.

All of the tutorials were pointing at 2 files that are in the destenation folder of AE CC 2017, And it said to put the names of my Gpu Cards in there.

So this software would know and recognize my Graphic cards.

One document called

raytracer_supported_cards.txt
And the other called
cuda_supported_cards.txt

Of curse i followed the instructions step by step like all the tutorials described,

My cards named in GPU-Z, GPUSniffer & Device management "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series"

And this is the text i inserted to those documents, But it fail to work.

Still getting the same problem.

I'm really really desperate and i would love to get some help and your advice.

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Well, to be blunt: If you realyl looked up the stuff on teh web, then you completely misunderstood it. AMD cards simply don't support CUDA. That's the end of it. No "if"s, no "maybe"s. The rest is irrelevant. Your cards are properly recognized by AE for basic OpenGL functions as per your own screenshots and statements like "impossible to start editing or doing anything with the software." only show that you don't understand how AE works. AE is not an editing tool and very few things are realtime

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to be blunt: If you realyl looked up the stuff on teh web, then you completely misunderstood it. AMD cards simply don't support CUDA. That's the end of it. No "if"s, no "maybe"s. The rest is irrelevant. Your cards are properly recognized by AE for basic OpenGL functions as per your own screenshots and statements like "impossible to start editing or doing anything with the software." only show that you don't understand how AE works. AE is not an editing tool and very few things are realtime and all of that is perfectly normal and within how AE is supposed to work/ designed to work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh don't need to be all rude about it,

as i mentioned I'm new to this world so I'm sort of clueless. your answer helped me but the way you answered is really disrespectful.

Thank you anyway, have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

horneyh80254850 wrote:

I'm sort of clueless. your answer helped me but the way you answered is really disrespectful.

You know how many times a similar question gets asked here in a week?

Ever see a little kid who wants attention say, " Mom!  Mom!  Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!  Mom!  Mom!"

Ever see Mom's reaction?  What would be YOUR reaction?

So perhaps you ought to suck it up when a real pro in AE gets a little testy with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both accounts that just answered this topic is the same person hehe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in the last version of After Effects, that would be CS6 my rendering GPU would work just fine, no problems. I have a AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series. The problem is isn't to suck it up, cause we buy a computer with a purpuse and just because CC was launched it has become useless to do the simplest 3D graphics. And I'm not an amateur I have been working with all these programs for about 5 years.

I'm very unsatisfied with this. I'm a student and I can't afford to buy every new computer that matches the new configurations and requirements of Adobe. I think they should think more on their customers and ease it out for them. I'm very disappointed, we pay for it to work, not to pay more to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

horneyh80254850  wrote

What's making this very hard and even impossible to start editing or doing anything with the software.

The reason you are finding it "hard and even impossible to start using the software" has nothing to do with your graphics cards.

It has to do with you not knowing anything about After Effects or graphic cards.

This is rude awakening for many people.  $50 a month?  Why not? 

Hello forums,

I'm brand new and know nothing about After Effects or computers.

Can you please give me some advice?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines