• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from a 1 developer envirnomnent to a 2 developer one

Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move from a 1 developer envirnomnent to a 2 developer one ,mabye even 3 what sort of workflow should you use in Flex Builder 3. Would http://subclipse.tigris.org/graph.html be a good idea?

What I don't want is a situation where we overright each others changes. Are there features for this already built into Flex Builder 3?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikos,

This post is probably best suited for the Flex forum but to, hopefully, help you out: when moving to a team environment, it is very beneficial to get a repository setup. This could be based on CVS, SVN, or the new craze Git (which is actually pretty nice despite my tabbing it a crazy :). There are online options for this (Codespaces, GitHub, GoogleCode) service: some free, some not.

Just as important, however, is that your team have an understanding of how to use code repositories (checking out code, committing, updating, etc.). I believe O'Reilly made one of their books on SVN free, which could be very helpful ( http://svnbook.red-bean.com/).

You can install the appropriate SVN or Git plugin for Flex Builder. The CVS plugin, I believe, is there by default but no one seems to use CVS any more, preferring Subversion (SVN) or Git. The Eclipse plugins, once understood by your team, will certainly help your team keep project code organized and protected (from overwrites, etc.).

As you are moving to a team environment, you may also want to consider using one of the Flex frameworks (PureMVC, Cairngorm, Mate, or Swiz -- the "big" 4, I suppose) as these frameworks are well-suited for team development because of how they separate your application into logical bits (model, view, controllers, etc.). Just a thought...it helped me on a couple of team Flex projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much for your detailed reply. I intend to follow this advice as far as possible. I've managed to pull of some pretty big projects by myself but I guess sometimes we just need more developer's on a project. Its is a lot of work to move to this and I'm worried about wasting my time on a framework only to discover that we need to use a different MCV framework instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation