• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output to Blackmagic?

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in CA's preferences there is a Default Output setting and it is defaulting to my Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Is there a way to get my work to show up on my external monitor that is hooked up to the Blackmagic output? I currently can screen my Premiere and Media Composer on this monitor?

Having fun with this app,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Hi Martin,

it seems you have tried going down the NDI Route which will get you an NDI IP Video output from Character Animator.  From there you have lots of options, but one thing to try is NDI Outlet (assuming you are on Mac).   It takes the NDI Fill and Key Stream from Character Animator and outputs it fill and key via 2 SDI outs on a BlackMagic Interface.  There appears to be a demo version here

I have used it myself to output fill and key from graphics software and it does work.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so. In Stream mode (using the top workspace bar) if you click the "stream" icon in the bottom right of the scene panel (little window with a signal and play button), that will start streaming to any available sources as seen in those preferences.

This page should help out a little hopefully: Adobe Character Animator Help | Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It looks from those links like I need to install NewTek NDI. I'll look into that when I have more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any luck with this?  I am having similar issues trying to output live through Blackmagic.  Other programs work but not Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you know, I got as far as seeing I needed to install NewTek NDI and stopped there. I've never gone back to this. I know CA is still in early days, but given I can run Premiere to my monitor through BlackMagic, you would think it wouldn't be that hard.

If you learn anything, please post.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

it seems you have tried going down the NDI Route which will get you an NDI IP Video output from Character Animator.  From there you have lots of options, but one thing to try is NDI Outlet (assuming you are on Mac).   It takes the NDI Fill and Key Stream from Character Animator and outputs it fill and key via 2 SDI outs on a BlackMagic Interface.  There appears to be a demo version here

I have used it myself to output fill and key from graphics software and it does work.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NDI Outlet app (on the App Store) was the exact part missing in my puzzle!  Thank you for pointing that out.  Very excited!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nlyxbykn72158071  wrote

Correction, User Error: I needed to change a setting in NDI Outlet and then hit Start. Seems to be working now. It would be great if I could access my external monitor while in Rig and Record, but I suppose that would be eggs in my beer.

Correction 2, User Error as well: Sorry, I should really look before I leap. Turns out Record does stream to my monitor. Yay! and, again, my apologies for cluttering up this forum with misinformation.

Thanks Jason. I am running a Mac and I've now installed the NewTek software and NDI Outlet, but I don't have SDI outs on my Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, nor does my consumer monitor have an SDI in, just HDMI. The Live Output preferences in CA does show both Blackmagic Playback and NewTek NDI output options, I just can't figure out what to do with them.

I know there are a wide variety of options here, but "How to Output Character Animator to an External Monitor" would be a great tutorial.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Does someone have a sollution for windows ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines