Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progessive sync problem sound / image

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I'm recording vidéos with "GE Force Experience" (I have a geforce GTX 1070 graphic card) when I play games. I can watch it without any problem with VLC or else but once I try to edit it Adobe Premiere Pro with the proper settings (same as my vidéo), the sound is slowly shifiting minute after minute (At the middle of the clip I'd say there is 2 seconds delay) ... I tested it on 2 different computers, it's the same. Then I tested it with Vegas and I had no syncing problem ! How can I resolve this problem on Premiere Pro ?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

You are aware I presume that there are a total TON of features that are requested for inclusion in PrPro at any one time? That there's quite a list somewhere of all the requested features, and how many have requested them?

Pinnacle was designed for amateur workflows. So it "needed" to be able to work people's phone videos as soon as that became prominent. It makes sense for the market Pinnacle is designed for.

There's a ton of features that are heavily used in pro work on the waiting list for buil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 2B below will solve this.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it doesn't solve nothing. I use a hardware recorder for screen capture but all the videos it produces have shifting problems within Premiere. I wouldn't come to this forum if the solution was to change my software !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What hardware?  What recording format was used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my graphic card whis is a GTX 1070. The format used is H264 - MPEG-4 AVC and for the audio MPEG AAC (mp4a). I cannot change it, that's the format used by my card.

It's 60frame seconds or I should say exactly 59.670212

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy,

Have you updated Premiere Pro? Which version are you using? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated it in a while. I'm using v7.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the problem is you have a VFR screen recording ... variable frame-rate ... and that version of PrPro can't work with that media, it needs to work with CFR, constant frame rate.

To stay in 7, you'd need to load the files into Handbrake (free app), set the Video tab to both check the Constant frame-rate (CFR) button and set a specific number in the frame rate box ... as below. I also recommend settings for encoding level and compression ...

Neil

HandBrake download page: https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer but I really don't want to encode every video I make !...

I have tested the same video at a friend's house yesterday who has the v12.0 of Premiere and it didn't change anything... Still same shifting of the sound.

I am really very surprised Premiere can't handle this. I'm using a very popular graphic card and popular way of recording my screen....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're using for hardware doesn't matter if what you're recording with it isn't workable. Just ... period.

I believe 12.1 has better experience with VFR than 12.0.

And ... why would you be surprised? VFR media up until the last year or so was created by things that weren't used in professional (studio type) workflows. Professionally shot media wasn't in VFR. Especially back when 7.x PrPro was created, nothing worth talking about recorded VFR media.

Yea, that's changed ... ​now​.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I surprised ?...

Maybe because Premiere, one of the best editing software is, it seems, incompatible with VFR medias that have been used and edited for years... Yes, not with professional softwares but, nevertheless, it is still incomprehensible (at least to me) that Adobe can't handle what 2015 versions of Vegas or Pinnacle Studio 19 can !

Come on ! Pinnacle 19 !! Personnaly I thought it would crash before I can edit it… Not only it didn’t crash but video and sound were synced ! And Premiere v12.0 can't ?...

Sorry but I'm still surprised yes. I didn't think I would have to throw away Premiere or reencode every single clip I produce to edit VFR media...

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are aware I presume that there are a total TON of features that are requested for inclusion in PrPro at any one time? That there's quite a list somewhere of all the requested features, and how many have requested them?

Pinnacle was designed for amateur workflows. So it "needed" to be able to work people's phone videos as soon as that became prominent. It makes sense for the market Pinnacle is designed for.

There's a ton of features that are heavily used in pro work on the waiting list for building into PrPro, so I think from the management perspective, they added things in order (and within budgets) to match what their clientele was needing most. Which wasn't ... VFR.

In 12.1, however, they did include VFR support.

We all need to be able to separate what is 'natural' or 'needed' within our own view, and see how things are viewed by others. I'd been pushing for VFR for sometime, personally. But of course, there are quite a few pro editors who actually were ticked that VFR was added when some other features they've been pushing for haven't been added yet. Features they feel are far more "pro needed" than VFR.

Neil

Edited by Moderator: Added bold for emphasis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated it in a while. I'm using v7.1.0

Jimmy,

Sorry for the frustration, but I have to point out: 7.1 is ancient.  Update to 12.1 and your problem is solved.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, got the point.

In fact, the VFR problem is resolved from the 12.0.1 version. I had the opportunity to test it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VFR was for sure not resolved on 12.0.1 they said it was, the software says it sees the video as VFR but the audio still desyncs same as before. It seems odd to claim VFR support but then offer no support on VFR maybe it's only for a specific phone version of VFR. It's actually really embarrassing for this company to be nearly a decade behind their competitors while claiming they make professional software, the solution as always is use an open source program to fix the mistakes a giant corporation refuses to address leaving them further behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of people working away with VFR in PrPro without problems. Like many other problems with the app, it's rather easy to conflate "It's not working on my machine, and I've seen a couple other people say it ain't on theirs either" into "This software just can't do that."

The two are not the same.

So ... file the bug report on the new User Voice system, so they get the details of what the issue is on your hardware with your phone's media. Gives them a better chance of getting that whatever bit that screws up on your gear unscrewed.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature Request form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So again, I don't think you are reading the original issue, "I'm recording vidéos with "GE Force Experience" (I have a geforce GTX 1070 graphic card)" as many of us are using variations of the NVEC VFR recording software that is the issue, that is why there are a few hundred threads on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That you're using that GPU is obvious. Although I can't find the NVEC recording software. Shadowplay by Nvidia, yes.

Also clearly there aren't hundreds of threads on this issue started since VFR support first started with the 2018 release. Accusing someone of a blatant lie while making rather exaggerated statements seems odd.

There are many users working VFR without issues with PrPro. There are some media types that are still problematic such as apparently the latest iPhone. Certain screen recording programs are also causing fits. Users of those are just hammered right now, no question, and that is fully acknowledged in comments I've seen.

If you're in that group, you do have my full sympathy. I've been stuck after a couple releases for up to 5 months where I could not use the latest version with my gear or media.

As any app, this one certainly has need of improvement in many areas. And always will. I use a number of other pro video/audio apps. They all have their joys and their failings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a blatant lie VFR is not fixed in the current editions, just look at all the posts about it on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines