• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Photos in Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my Lightroom to 7.3.1 I have been unable to batch Sync any photos.  Before the update I had no problems, but now I can't.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Thank you for your help.  This is going to be a nightmare!  I have hundreds!  It would be interesting to hear what Adobe are going to do about this?

Thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StuPearce,

Sorry that you cannot batch sync your images in Lightroom Classic after the 7.3.1 update. Could you please clarify if you're referring to syncing images to the cloud or using the Sync And Auto Sync Functions To Batch Process Images?

Also, what exactly is happening when you attempt to sync images? Do you get any error message or the sync process stops proceeding after a while?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

I'm using the Sync and Auto Sync function.  When I select a batch of photos to sync with one that I have 'adjusted', I click on the Sync button and nothing happens whereas before I would be presented with a 'dialogue box asking me what I would like to sync.

Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry .......... no I get no error message and the sync doesn't start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Develop module, showing the Basic pane?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. Your screenshot shows that you too have this problem of having 'upgraded' a perpetual license of Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic somehow. This becomes apparent when you look at the Basic pane: you do have Dehaze in the pane, but you do not have the new camera profiles at the top of the pane. If you select 'About Lightroom', you will see that it does not say 'Lightroom Classic CC' at the top, but 'Lightroom 6'. This is what it should look like:

About Lightroom.jpg

This upgrade should never have been possible, because you do not have a subscription but a perpetual license (for Lightroom 6, not Lightroom Classic). There is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7. But due to a bug in the updaters it was somehow possible to install Lightroom Classic without having a subscription, and this now causes all kinds of problems (you’ve just been lucky that it didn’t happen earlier, when you first started with the upgraded version). You are not the only one: there are complaints all over this forum and other forums.

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Then open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (like Range Mask). You can find the correct installers and updaters here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.  This is going to be a nightmare!  I have hundreds!  It would be interesting to hear what Adobe are going to do about this?

Thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines