• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing imported screen shots

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some Word documents into RH 7 which included some general .jpg images and a screen shot taken in Snag It. When printed output was created (doc & pdf formats), both the images and the screen capture were a little distorted and did not print out as clearly as in the original Word document. When I used the RH Screen Capture utility to capture the images and the screen shot, there was no distortion when printed. Is there a setting that can be configured to prevent this distortion or idoes RH not play nice when converting other file types?

Thanks!

A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ameta17 and welcome to the RH community.

I am not a SnagIt user so can't comment about it's specific use, but there are users on these forums that can help. I am more interested in what you don't say. Does the same distortion happen inside the topics when viewed in the WYSIWYG? I would suspect that the problem is related to the original data capture and the way it has been added to the imported Word document. Can you provide us with a little more information about the process that is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The distortion was slightly visible in the JPG images in the WYSIWYG but the SnagIt images looked fine. Both types were present in the Word doc prior to importing and have always printed out fine in Word. The images were not added after the import.

I know the original screen capture is fine. When I captured the same screen in RoboScreenCapture, inserted it into my Word document before importing - it printed out without any distortion. SnagIt saves as a .png whereas the RH version saved it as a .gif. I did resolve the JPG issue by saving those as GIFs. That's why I thought maybe RH has a problem converting from one format to the other.

Hope that helps you more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an expert in how the different image formats are rendered but I've never had a problem with images of different formats being distorted in RH unless they have been resized in some way. Could this be the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no resizing was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said, I am noo expert on image formats so I will let someone else come in here. I have never had any problem with distorted images in RH provided they have not be resized after they have been added to a topic. It may be a case of experimentation to get the right combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have just been doing some testing with SnagIt and in both online help and printed output, the images captured with SnagIt were as clear as the ones I had previously captured with RoboScreenCapture.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp