• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving and zooming during scene

Participant ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this scene ready, yet, when Im recording, I want the "camera" to zoom in (as, see only part of the scene) and while zoomed in, move around a little bit before stops.

Is this possible to do on character animator ? or I have to use other programs ?

Thanks, Omer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

30 minute "quick" demo of how I do camera pans and zooms. Simulated Camera Panning in Adobe Character Animator - YouTube

Quick here means "I did this quickly without much preparation, so lots of boring pauses in the video".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a feature request for camera zoom - feel free to vote for it! 😉

i do it by animating the scale transform, but if you have multiple puppets it’s tricky to synchronize them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgot, I created Using Blends in Adobe Character Animator - YouTube  which includes some blends which I demonstrated zooming the background. You do the same thing for a pan, but changing the “X” coordinate of the background image instead of “scale” in the transform. The background zoom is 9:15 into the video, but the first is also doing blends (to simulate walking).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ! I watched the video now I understand what u did in order to make him "Walk". Yet, I cannot understand How I can move my camera inside a scene. I have a pretty simple wish: just to "move around" the scene while zoomed in. It seems impossible to scale everything up, right ?

for example: lets say I wanna zoom in the right picture, move the camera slowly all the way to the left picture and then go down to the clock. Is there a way of doing so inside CA ?

howtozoom-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the way I do panning shots is to zoom out the background and transpose the background image instead of the puppets (characters) in front. The video towards the end did this for scale to zoom the background. Instead you do the same thing for position x/y. If you have 3 puppets, you must move them all in sync.

i have examples in both episode 1 and 2, see in classroom looking at kids - I pan sideways in both episodes. But it’s a bit painful so I don’t do it often.

i thought I had submitted a feature request for camera pans, but I cannot find it now. I had also done a screen shot showing pans, but I cannot find that in the forums either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it will be very hard here. cant think of a way to do it.

Do u recommend other program which can easily do this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using the “scale” transform, but it’s hard. an easier way might be to drag scene into after effects and using key framing there to zoom and pan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 minute "quick" demo of how I do camera pans and zooms. Simulated Camera Panning in Adobe Character Animator - YouTube

Quick here means "I did this quickly without much preparation, so lots of boring pauses in the video".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt watch this yet. meanwhile, I imported my clip into After effects and zoomed + moved around over there - BUT, when zooming in, It got really blurry and in low definition. Is there a way to keep the picture sharp when zooming in ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you imported a movie file, then you would have to generate a higher resolution to avoid (or reduce) blur.

But I would have hoped if you used “dynamic linking” it would have got it right. Eg drag the scene from the CH window to the AE window - that creates a dynamic link where AE sees all CH changes immediately. It may run slower, but I would hope the two bits of software would work better together...

what resokution ion is the background image and puppet etc? The more you zoom in, the more important resolution will be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Found the feature request if you (or anyone else) wants to help vote it up. Camera panning support – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

voted for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines