• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7.3.1 doesn't fix anything! Just makes things worse....

Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to 7.3.1 on a Mac. Things are even slower than 7.3.

-It's still a CPU hog and not even making my GPU break a sweat.

-Fan speed issue still there

-Crop issue still there where it shows the previous image for about 3 seconds before going to the current image.

-Gradual/radial filters slow things down even more.

-3 to 5 seconds to switch from image to image.

-2 seconds or so to view before/after or difference between this snapshot set of adjustments vs another set of adjustments.

-Exporting files has now started to take forever. Go out to eat dinner if you're planning on exporting more than 10 files at a time.

Shall I continue on?

I guess I should be thankful I still have my images, presets, and that my catalog isn't corrupted...

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.19.41 PM.png

I sure hope that you have your engineers chained to their desk working round the clock to come up with a real update and fix for all of this and not just another bandaid on top of another bandaid. In other words, lets rewrite the code that's actually causing the issue rather than adding more code on top of the existing bad code to try and fix the issue.

Thank you,

Yet another dissatisfied customer who won't be recommending anyone to use this piece of software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom users. We cannot modify the program or fix bugs. We are here for technical support, we are not here for complaints. You need to address your complaints directly to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto!

Although I found turning off GPU auto switching in power settings did help improve the performance of my LR 7.3.1.

Also I got cardGFXstatus running and making sure the Radeon is on at all times.

I believe there could some bugs with High Sierra to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My MacBook Pro is identical to yours. I'm not seeing those symptoms on the 45 Megapixel files of the Nikon D850. I also have a 27 inch external monitor attached. When I am displaying the second monitor function of LR, on that monitor, the image in full screen mode lags the main screen by about a second.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines