Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat icon incorrect in windows menu

Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please solve this long lasting display bug of Adobe Acrobat in Windows menu (and sometimes taskbar), where its icon is not properly displayed (see screenshot below)!

Adobe Acrobat DC.png

Kind regards

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Hi Pascal Garin,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1) Remove, unpin or delete Adobe  Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.

2) Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs .  "Adobe Acrobat DC" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.

3) Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that a system problem (local to your computer).  right click>more>check the shortcut for its icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for your fast answer. When I right-click non the icon, instead of having the path to the program as for usual programs, there is a greyed display of Adobe Acrobat DC, as shown below:

2018-05-09.png

For your information, my wife, who is using an older version (IX) has exactly the same problem, which can suddenly disappear, but reappears a few weeks or months later. And I have this problem only with Acrobat. I think you are perfectly aware of this problem, as I found other complains on different forums, and I am thus surprised that Adobe does not want to correct this bug.

Kind regards,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  i don't work for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pascal Garin,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1) Remove, unpin or delete Adobe  Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.

2) Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs .  "Adobe Acrobat DC" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.

3) Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat... and find Acrobat.exe

4) Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop

5) Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window

6) Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy

7) Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)

8) Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat DC"

9) Close the window and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shivam for your answer. This is what I had done by myself, but I find strange that Adobe doesn't provide from the beginning the correct way to this program, contrarily to the other programs from the Creative Suite which don't have this problem.

Thanks again for your reply

Regards,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, it's really helpful.

Cheers

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my gosh! Thank you for writing this post. It worked!! It only took me a few months to find this.

I'm thrilled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines