• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back up not working

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently imported a large number of photos into lightroom, so much so that my computer was running a little slow.

So i backed up my lightroom catalogue onto an external hard-drive and then deleted the files off my computer

when i opened the catalogue from my hard-drive, it said all my photos were missing.

Did i just delete all my files off my computer forever??????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did i just delete all my files off my computer forever??????

Yes.!!!

A Lightroom catalog does not contain your photos. And a Catalog backup does not include your photos.

You may have several possibilities-

-Import them from camera cards again,

-Copy from a backup of files (Not the Catalog backup!)

-Restore them from the Trash/Recycle Bin.

-Run a 'Recover' program to un-delete files ( you may be lucky they have not been over-written)

I suggest you grab a copy of the Lightroom Quick Start Guide from-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

and improve your understanding of the workings of Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh bugger
Theyre gone gone, the files i deleted were too big for my recycling bin.

I understand how to use lightroom, and have been using it for many years. I have just never tried to use a back up, because i have never had a laptop that is limited in storage as this one.
Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you do any more work of anything on the laptop-

You do not say what operating system you have, but if you have Windows and access to another computer, download a version of {Recuva} and run it from a usb stick. It may very well recover many of the deleted files in the laptop.

Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines