• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ensuring font size is consistent

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a lot of titles and captions on my videos, altering the font size with the slider under effect controls or essential graphics.

However, I want to ensure text size is consistent through my clips. The slider isn't the most accurate and seems to be skewed - for instance, I had one piece of text which the slider had on at '82' so I entered that exact measurement with another piece of text and it looked much bigger. I don't know what influences this, potentially how much text I'm putting in? I can use the sliders somewhat but I need my videos to be as consistent and accurate as possible.

Either way, I'd like to know if there is a simple way to ensure text size is consistent throughout a clip or if there are any ways I can alter text size without having to use the slider option. I'm open to any helpful suggestions.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

you have 3 controllers for text size, check that all 3 are the same across your text layers, and change the text size

from the 'Scale' in 'Transform' not the text size slider

01. Scale in 'Motion'

02. Text Slider

03. Scale in 'Transform'

I would suggest to keep 01 and 02 at 100% value and play around with 03

or whatever you feel good for you, just change 1 property

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the Scale parameter in the Motion menu varies between these clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, I've checked and I've kept the scale (and position) the same in the all the shots used in the edit. One of the issues is I've used the cursor to resize test on the program monitor which seems to have made the skewer redundant, hoping there's a more accurate way to change font size even though I've done this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have 3 controllers for text size, check that all 3 are the same across your text layers, and change the text size

from the 'Scale' in 'Transform' not the text size slider

01. Scale in 'Motion'

02. Text Slider

03. Scale in 'Transform'

I would suggest to keep 01 and 02 at 100% value and play around with 03

or whatever you feel good for you, just change 1 property

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, that was helpful - just gave me that bit more control I needed to adjust the font size. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlos,

I'm having the same problem. Years later of course. I wondered if you could tell me exactly where these contols are please?

01, 02 and 03?

Thank you!

Serena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines