• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redaction tool

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased acrobat reader DC, however i'm struggling to understand how to redact a pdf document?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

There is a tools search function built into Adobe Acrobat: At the top of your screen shot, you see field with the gray text "Find your tools here". This is actually a search field, and when you type e.g. "redact" into that field, Acrobat will display only those tools that fit your search term. This is much simpler than trying to remember in which category a certain tool is. There is another search field at the top of the tools pane on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC is free, and can't redact files.

What exactly did you purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions posted by Bernd are a good introduction to the process. I'd like to add two things:

Redaction is only available in Adobe Acrobat Pro - not in Standard, and as was already explained, not in the free Reader.

Redaction is always a two step process: You first mark, and in a second step, you apply these marks to the document, and only this second step will actually remove the information you want to redact. If you forget about the second step, your document will not be redacted, and everybody will be able to see what information you've marked for redaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own and use Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. I cant find the redaction tool.

I have looked in each menu but can not find.

Gus Hansch

gus-hansch@msn.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools search for redact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked in Tools. I have opened each sub-folder but no Redact. Image is a screen shot of my desktop view.Adobe Acrobat Pro.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Protect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a tools search function built into Adobe Acrobat: At the top of your screen shot, you see field with the gray text "Find your tools here". This is actually a search field, and when you type e.g. "redact" into that field, Acrobat will display only those tools that fit your search term. This is much simpler than trying to remember in which category a certain tool is. There is another search field at the top of the tools pane on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. That was easy. That opened the right menu. I placed it in my tool section.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This search tool does not work after the most recent update of Acrobat Pro DC. Please help!  I use redaction all the time and now I can't find it.  In fact, nothing comes up at all when I use the search tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can you see at Tools? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Very Much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines