• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode issues in AME and Premiere

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transcoded footage via Adobe Media Encoder. I imported those files into Premiere, but am having timecode discrepancies between the transcodes and the source footage (see photo below).

Premiere.png

I tried tweaking the modify timecode settings, but still couldn't get them to match up.

I then tried importing the same footage into Final Cut Pro and there are no timecode issues (see photo below).

FCP.png

Any idea what's going on and is there a quick fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexo2222,

How exactly are you importing your files into Premiere Pro?

Have you tried importing from the Media Browser?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I imported them via Media Browser. I also tried importing them multiple different ways, but the results were all the same.

Might I also ask why timecode would be read differently depending on the method of import? Isn't timecode supposed to remain consistent throughout all platforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I imported them via Media Browser. I also tried importing them multiple different ways, but the results were all the same.

Might I also ask why timecode would be read differently depending on the method of import? Isn't timecode supposed to remain consistent throughout all platforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines