• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive Memory Usage in macOS

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to notice Lightroom was running slow on my iMac Pro today and decided to check Activity Monitor. Here is what I saw:

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.29.44 PM.png

Has any else experienced a memory leak like this? I have noticed it's using quite a bit of my available memory all of the time. When I open Lightroom I hover around 1-2GB, but as soon as I start browsing my files or using Develop, it starts to creep up, and never goes down. 20-25GB is not out of the ordinary for it to be using until I quit the app and relaunch. This is by far the largest memory usage I've seen though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FNS,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC is using very high memory as shown in the Activity monitor. Which exact version of Lightroom are you using and have you noticed any performance degradation in Lightroom or in other apps when high memory is being used.

I'd suggest that you take a look at the solution marked in this discussion CPU overworking with Lightroom Classic CC update to 7.3 and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines