• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the Default Settings in Document Properties be Changed?

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Pro DC.  My PDF documents must be saved so the bookmarks are displayed when it's opened.  Can the document properties by set to default to these settings so I don't have to set them each time?  =>  file properties | initial view | navigation tab (bookmark/panel&page) | page layout (single page continuous) | magnification (fit width) | open to page 1

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That pretty much sucks.  "Preferences" don't seem to mean much if they aren't used by default.  meh.
DC = "Don't Count on it"

Pretty discouraged by the features, functionality and wonky interface - across the board.  No offense, it was kind of you to answer, even so tersely.  You are a helpful contributor, I know this.  It just is quite a disappointment that preferences are no longer treated as preferences, you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, using Acrobat DC, All my PDF documents open with the Bookmark Panel on the side.  Is there a way to not have this feature?  I want my PDF documents to open with these settings;

Screenshot 2022-07-29 140639.png

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the initial view in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines