• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control two (X-)position keyframes while keeping the (temporal) interpolation

Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a little bit new to expressions. After hours of googling trying and coding I gave up and try to get some help here.

I just want to keep my simple animation with the temporal interpolation. I only want to change with two sliders two keyframes. Is that somehow possible?? I found much codes for scale, opacity, and also some for position but none of these work for me

image_20180510150504_1.png

Thank you very much!!! I'd very happy if anyone could also explain the expressions to me!

Here are some of my tries:

{

slider = key(1);

t2 = key(2);

t3 = key(3);

t4 = key(4);

slider = comp("Comp 1").layer("txtlayer").effect("Keyframe Slider 1")("Slider");

slider2 = comp("Comp 1").layer("txtlayer").effect("Keyframe Slider 2")("Slider");

t1 = [slider];

t2 = 960 = t3;

t4 = [slieder2];

}

// other expression now

if (numKeys > 1){

t1 = key(1).time;

t2 = key(2).time;

t3 = key(3);

t4 = key(4);

slider = comp("Comp 1").layer("txtlayer").effect("Keyframe Slider 1")("Slider");

linear(time,slider,t2,t3,t4);

}else

valueAtTime(t);

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

This uses a slider to control the X value of the first and fourth keyframe.

x  = effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

if (time <= key(1).time || time >= key(4).time)

sv = x;

else sv = value[0];

[sv, value[1]]

It's pretty basic if language. You could have figured it out by reading the expression guide in the AE help files. The X position is going to jump when you get to the first and fourth keyframe because there is no transition between the x value that comes from the slider to the x value in the fir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strengthControl = effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

strengthKey = 0

n = 0;

if (numKeys > 0) {

n = nearestKey(time).index;

if (key(n).time > time) n--;

};

if(n==strengthKey){

value+strengthControl} else value;

this code for example doesn't work well. Because I get animation jumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be tired but I cannot figure out what you are trying to do.

What do you want to do with the first and last keyframes?

Do you just want to change their values with a slider? If so, you'll need two sliders, maybe three to control x, y, and z or better yet use the Expression Point Control.

Do you want to change the timing of only the first and last keyframe?

You can identify keyframes by number in expressions, you can add named markers to the timeline and reference them. I don't understand what you are trying to do or what you are trying to adjust. Without a detailed explanation of what you are trying to accomplish I can't be of much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a essential graphics template for PP, that's why I need a slider

Yes I want to change the values of the first and last keyframe with a slider. The first and last keyframe have always the same value, that's why I only need only one slider.

I also just need to change the X value, but it would be also nice to know how to do that also with the y und z value. But I have no camera so X & Y are enough for me because of flat design.

I want to change the X value of the first and last keyframe, that's it

Thank you very much my friend!

the problem is i dont know how to achieve that, because some scripts that I tried only changes the X position in the exact frame where the keyframe is. so there's no consideration to the interpolation, that's what I call ''animation jumps'', it just looks really terrible. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro you there? ._.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This uses a slider to control the X value of the first and fourth keyframe.

x  = effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

if (time <= key(1).time || time >= key(4).time)

sv = x;

else sv = value[0];

[sv, value[1]]

It's pretty basic if language. You could have figured it out by reading the expression guide in the AE help files. The X position is going to jump when you get to the first and fourth keyframe because there is no transition between the x value that comes from the slider to the x value in the first keyframe. I would have to open up AE and play with this idea for a few minutes to make that happen. I would probably add two markers to the layer to start the move and only have two the middle two middle keyframes remain.

Please describe the motion you are trying to create. I have a feeling that you are going about this in an inefficient way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines